enjoy!

enjoy!

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

One of those days I typed and typed and my mind drifted and I went to something else and lost my post so making this short here is a little share from me its perfect for this time of the year.

I like that one!!
 I have had it for years, 
 Its always nice to see it every year around.
 St Patty's Day.




Here is my Recipe Share for Today.

Barm Brack





1 Lb. Of flour
6 oz Sugar.
1 lb. Of mixed dried fruit.
1 teaspoon of Baking Powder
 1 Egg.
1 Tsp. Of All - Spice or
Mixed spice.
A pot of hot Irish Tea

The trick to making a Barm Brack is soaking the fruit over night in the tea. While this makes the dried fruit softer and more appealing in general, one must be careful when mixing the dough not to over knead or the rehydrated fruit will break up and speckle the cake. Add the sugar and egg to the fruit mix the next day. Sift in the remaining dry ingredients. Mix gently. Use a 7" round baking tin at 350°F for 80 minutes. Cool on a wire rack and serve with hot tea.


Have a great night
Its been a busy one for me today.
We drove to Orland and had out taxes done and worked out in the yard for hours so tired tonight. Till tomorrow
 Peace to you

1 comment: