enjoy!

enjoy!

Wednesday, March 17, 2010



Good Morning


If you follow me and wondered where have I been for a few  day's, I have been doing the out side cleanup that is needed after a too long of a winter. Although winter does have its pluses you can play more on the computer. and that's one thing I love to do draw, create in psp and all of the fun things a computer provides. They are so amazing aren't they. 
 I have been out side doing some over the winter cleanup one because I enjoy being out during nice weather and two because I cant stand to see twigs and leaves and junk all over. Also the bird seed and dogie poop was a must weather permitting. But it has to be done because that's the way I am a neat freak sort of. Although I have tamed down a lot in my old age. I have been putting out my yard ornaments that always makes me happy to see the little do dads here and there its always a good sign that Spring is on its way. Here is one I bought yesterday I love gazing balls my Niece Robbie got me hooked on them. I admired hers a few years ago when we went to a party at their house and their was one in her front and I loved the look I just had to have one. so here is my latest.

There Back!!
 Here is a photo I snapped yesterday Mr and Mrs Cardinal are back trying to come in the window they both jump up and hit the window, this is the best I could get because they are very alert and fly away.

OH MY Gosh
I almost for got!
 Here is a special tag a friend made  yesterday and sent to me.
Isn't it  adorable!





Irish Cheddar Triangles

1-3/4 cups flour

1/2 cup yellow cornmeal

1 teaspoon sugar

3/4 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1 stick butter, cut into small pieces

6 ounces shredded sharp Cheddar cheese

1/2 cup cold water

2 tablespoons white vinegar

Coarsely ground black pepper

Oven 375F

I always use my food processor When preparing recipes that require fine chopping or shredding. It is so much easier and less time consuming.

In a food processor, mix flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt and baking soda. Add the butter and process until mixture forms coarse crumbs. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in cheese, water and vinegar until mixture forms a soft dough. Form it into a ball, wrap it in cellophane and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.

Divide dough into 4 sections. On a floured board, roll each section into a paper thin circle, trimming the edges. Sprinkle with pepper and press it firmly into the dough. Cut each circle into 8 wedges, place on a greased baking sheet and bake for about 10 to 12 minutes, until crisp. Do not over cook. Cool on wire rack. Store in an airtight container. Serve with your favorite dip. Yield: 32

Note: For a dip I have used Erin Farmhouse Vegetable Soup Mix, which I combined with 16 ounces of sour cream and chilled for 2 hours before serving.





Hugs From Me
Diane Louise

2 comments:

  1. what a lovely glazing ball-the colors are so soothing - it looks like a rainbow - is your cardie trying to get in your house? stinker - I always worry they will hurt themselves then they do that -

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks it looks small in the photo, but actually its almost as tall as the bush next to it.Mr & Mrs Cardinal they are crazy they even jump at the neighbors car like that.

    ReplyDelete