enjoy!

enjoy!

Friday, March 26, 2010


Good Morning!
I think you have seen this guy around the Internet. I like him and wanted to share if you hadn't seen his lovely face.
He's not my creation I don't know who's he is, but he's been around for a few years.
Its so cold here this morning 25 and sunny so I know that means it will warm up.
Here is a photo I took today of my crocus I don't have many they kind of fizzled out I thought it was pretty so another share from me.
I also changed my Blog back ground from black, I just had to have a warmer color it just wasn't me. I like black back grounds but I like color and change so it will no doubt go back to it again some day down the line.
Our Guy came early this morning about 6:30 to treat the grass we just gave him the job yesterday we always had a different one but since he cuts our grass and shovels our snow and now he is going into the lawn treatment business also we stuck with him. He's good and very reasonable.
I just came in from feeding the birds they were empty and I hardly got in the house and they were there already.
Here is a picture of one of my grand daughters she made a cake at our house and I found this photo on my camera I didn't know my husband took it. So don't get mad I didn't take it Brittney LOL
You cant see the cake to well but it looked amazing. wish I had some right now.
(Isn't she pretty)

I better get some work done instead of sitting here writing in my Blog it is fun at least for me I love it.
Almost didn't tell how our evening out with friends at the German restaurant went.
First off we went to the wrong place and no one from our group was there . So Bill notices the name wasn't the same so we talked to a couple of servers and mentioned the restaurant we were supposed to be at and they said it was a few blocks away so we left and found it right away about 2 blocks down the road. DAH that's a big DAH LOL
They were there walking in at the same time so it wasn't to much of a disaster. Will we had a blast we laughed and laughed and had a super fun time. The food was not bad only thing I didn't like was the German Potato salad I like my recipe better other than that it was good I ate Steak just in case you wondered cant go wrong with that, it was smothered in some kind of sauce, pretty good with mushrooms and onions..


German Style Rib Eye

4 slices rib steak (each about 200g)

salt and freshly ground pepper

melted butter or good cooking oil

4 medium onions

lard when frying in a skillet

a glass of red wine

4 tbsp cream

Preheat oven to 200 degrees C

Flatten the slices of meat lightly with a rolling pin or meat hammer. Score the edges so that the meat won't cup when frying.Season with salt and pepper and brush over with some butter or oil.

Put on the grill in the oven and sear the meat on both sides. Cook to your liking (rare, medium or well done). To test press meat with your fingertip. If it is still elastic, it is still rare. The firmer it feels, the more it is well done!

Slice the onions thinly into rings and fry in hot lard until crisp. Arrange the onions on top of the meat. It is preferable to fry the onions separately.

You can also fry the meat in a heavy skillet. Flatten the meat slices lightly. Score the edges and sear in hot lard or oil. Fry for 3-4 minutes on each side. Season with salt and pepper, take out of the pan and keep warm.

Boil the meat juices together with a glass of red wine, let the sauce thicken and stir in the cream. Serve this creamy sauce with the Swabian roast steaks.
Utterly delicious and tasty meat recipe.
That's all from me for today.


Hugs From Me
Diane Louise






1 comment:

  1. the cake matches her dress - and looks delicious - your crocuses are amazing - so jealous xo

    ReplyDelete