enjoy!

enjoy!

Monday, March 29, 2010


Hi From Me!

Its evening will almost and the Sun is still shinning, I love it.
I changed my header its kind of cool at least I think so, its a photo my cousin from Arizona took of a dessert flower and dessert rocks. I am a lover of the dessert probably because I live in the mid west and our Winter is finally over and its Spring finally..
And another reason I love the dessert its not something I see every day.  Now in my old age I appreciate nature I think that comes with the territory. doesn't it.
OK I wont bore you any more today was uneventful I cleaned some more I told you I was weird. LOL I  made Carmel corn I have been wanting to make it since before Christmas that's how long it took me to finally do it. Its not my original recipe that I got from my friend Janet I looked every where and cant fine it so I found one similar on the Internet and it turned out pretty good. I also toasted cashews and added them as well.
I made the recipe share tag today isn't it cute.
As you see if you are a  follower I like to create.
My Sister Aletha got me started about seven or eight years ago and now that is what I do a lot of the time, Im hooked.


CARAMEL CORN



1 cup butter or margarine

1/2 cup light corn syrup

1/2 tsp. baking soda

5 quarts popped corn

2 cups brown sugar, packed

1 tsp. salt

1 tsp. vanilla and/or butter-rum flavoring

1 or 2 cups peanuts or cashews (optional)

Pop the corn according to package directions and transfer to a large bowl with the nuts, if using.

Melt butter in a heavy saucepan.

Stir in brown sugar, syrup and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until mixture boils.

Stop stirring; boil without stirring for 5 minutes or until a candy thermometer reaches 248°F.
Remove from heat. Stir in baking soda and vanilla or flavoring.

Gradually pour the hot mixture (CAUTION - boiled sugar is very hot and will burn!) over the popcorn, mixing well with a spatula.
Turn into 2 large baking pans.
Bake at 250°F for 45-60 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes with a heat-proof spatula.
Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before breaking apart.
Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Makes about 5 1/2 quarts.


Hugs From Me



2 comments:

  1. Thanks Rob, I changed the background also I thought it was to busy for the photo. LOL

    ReplyDelete