enjoy!

enjoy!

Friday, March 12, 2010


 I cant say good morning because its afternoon,LOL You heard that from me befor I know you have.
 We had a lot of running this morning the dogs got their hair cuts and a bath and did they ever need it OH My God I always take them every three months, the car reaked when they got in it this morning to take them they smelled pretty good when we picked them up three hours later. while they were being groomed we went to Bills Dr for a check up and went to a few stores and out to lunch so we were busy. Tonight Brittney is in another play and we are going to see her I'll bring the camera (of course). We will be going out to eat for dinner also no time to really fix anything and besides why not. LOL.
 It takes us over an hour to get to JJC where she is performing. I seen my first Robin yesterday and that is always a good sign that spring is on its way, so happy about that.
I received this poem from a friend and I wanted to share it hope you like it.

An Angel's Love
When I have no one to turn to

And I am feeling kind of low,

When there is no one to talk to

And nowhere I want to go,

I search deep within myself

It is the love inside my heart

That lets me know my Angels are there

Even though we are miles apart.


A smile then appears upon my face

And the sun begins to shine.

I hear a voice, so soft and sweet

Saying, 'Everything will be just fine'

It may seem that I am alone

But I am never by myself at all.

Whenever I need my Angels near

All I have to do is call.


An Angel's love is always true

On that you can depend.

They will always stand behind you

And will always be your friend.

Through darkest hours and brightest days

Our Angels see us through.

You are one of my Angels.

Perhaps I am one for you.


~ Author Unknown ~



Danny’s Pub Irish Soda Bread



2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1/3 cup granulated sugar

1 tablespoon baking powder

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup spent grain*, plus a little for topping

1 egg, slightly beaten

1 1/2 cups buttermilk

1/2 cup 1849 Irish Red Ale**

1/4 cup melted butter

Pre heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 by 5 inch loaf pan, or four baby loaf pans which are 5 3/4 by 3 1/4 by 2 inch.

In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, then mix in spent grain. Blend egg, buttemilk and ale; add to flour mixture. Mix just enough to blend ingredients. Stir in melted butter and mix well.

Pour into pan(s) and sprinkle with a little of the reserved spent grain. If using large loaf pan bake 65 to 75 minutes. If using baby loaf pans bake 45 to 50 minutes. Do not underbake.

Remove from pan(s) and cool completely on wire rack. Place in airtight wrap or container and store at least 8 hours before slicing. Serve with imported Irish butter (optional).

*Substitution for spent grain: flaked barley or oatmeal. (Tip: I always keep some spent grain the freezer so it will be available for cooking at any time.)

**To use the 1849 Irish Red Ale one would probably have to buy a growler at Mattingly Brewing Co., so after making the soda bread that would leave a growler minus 1/2 cup to drink!

Substitution for the 1849 Irish Red Ale: Irish Red Ale of choice or an American Red Ale




Hugs From Me
Diane

1 comment:

  1. sweet poem - your pixels and artwork are so colorful and easy on the eyes - thanks xp

    ReplyDelete