enjoy!

enjoy!

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Good Morning Winter Is Back!
Its Saturday and  all the floors are washed the toilets cleaned,(I know you wanted to know that) Beds made, dishes put away from the dish washer, laundry almost completed! so now its break time. I was on a roll this morning I don't know where it came from but it happened. and its only 10:30am. plus I vacuumed the furniture I do that on occasion also.
Winter is back so happy about that (just kidding). Its only in the 30s and raining and I don't know what the wind is but it is really blowing out there. I have been doing some drawing as I always do and working on a page I make for the group I own with my sister and an internet friend. Yesterday I made the communion bread for the weekend at Church one more weekend and my month is over. I had it rising on the stove and I never thought it would rise, will my grand daughter Brittney had an emergency there oven broke.  She brought the cake she was working on over and finished it up here! plus made another cake while here and decorated it for a friends birthday, in the mean time I had to wait to use the oven so my bread rose and rose and rose it was Hugh LOL I couldn't believe it,at first  I thought there was something wrong with the yeast because it wasn't rising.. OMG I couldn't even put it into a zip lock to take to Church I had to wrap it in foil.  I got it there just in time Erica the Church secretary was just leaving and locking up when we pulled up with the bread. Other wise I would have had to bring it over this morning and I wanted to get it over with.

Have to get ready the girls on there way over with Arbys for lunch!

Here is my Recipe Share in honor of St Joseph Day
It  was two days ago Im late.
 I forgot actually that's the day I had the clonscopy and St Joseph Day wasn't on my mind.
Here is a great recipe in honor. I hope you like it, I love Italian food one of my favorites.


Italian Cream Cake


Dosent that cake look fantastic!!

Italian Cream Cake

recipe courtesy Southern Living Magazine

serves 12

1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened

1/2 cup shortening

2 cups sugar

5 large eggs, separated

1 tablespoon vanilla extract

2 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 cup buttermilk

1 cup flaked coconut

Nutty Cream Cheese Frosting:

1 cup chopped pecan, toasted

1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened

1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened

1 tablespoon vanilla extract

1 (16 ounce) package powdered sugar, sifted


Beat butter and shortening at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating until well blended after each addition.

Add vanilla; beat until blended.

Combine flour and soda; add to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed until blended after each addition. Stir in coconut.

Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.

Pour batter into three greased and floured 9-inch round baking cakepans. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.

Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove from pans, and cool on wire racks. Spread Nutty Cream Cheese Frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake.

Nutty Cream Cheese Frosting:

Beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla at medium speed with and electric mixer until creamy. Add sugar, beating at low speed until blended. Beat at high speed until smooth; stir in pecans.





1 comment:

  1. oh yummy, yummy - the cake AND frosting look scrumptious! I giggled when I read you vacuum the furniture...xo

    ReplyDelete