enjoy!

enjoy!

Friday, December 11, 2009

Julie found the Pickle


Julie found the pickle!
  The first time she came over after we put up our Christmas Trees. She found it..
  Of course I had to give her one. We had two one for each tree. After she found it she came up to me saying, I love pickles they are my favorite. Everytime I look at the remaining pickle I think of her saying that. she is something else our Pop Corn Queen.
 I bought the pickles at Chicago Ridge Mall many years ago as soon as I heard of their meaning I really had no Idea their was any such tradition but it sounded like a fun thing to have on the christmas tree everything else is so serious but the pickle is a fun ornament.

Legend says that the pickle, a symbol of good luck, was the last ornament to be placed on the tree. The first child to find the pickle on Christmas morning was rewarded with an extra gift left by St. Nicholas.

The tradition encourages children to appreciate all of the beautiful ornaments on the tree, rather than rushing first to the presents that Santa has left them.

Bill made his famous Chili last night and of course he thinks his is the best and to me it is. He walks around saying I think this is my best ever.

 OK sure it is LOL thats his famous in the bowl and it was pretty tasty I must say.

Blue Bird survived this terrible week of bitter cold with down to 0 at night amazing isnt it. he is still hanging in their.
We waited for him all day and we were worried because it took him a long time to show up today. I think we thought about running out their and saying where were you!!! LOL

Until next time
CHOW From Me 





1 comment:

  1. I want some - it looks so good on a day like today. I vaguely remember something about the pickle but now I know for sure. Thanks. Someday we'll have wee ones that can find it in our trees. Until then I enjoy your stories and Julie. thanks xo

    ReplyDelete