enjoy!

enjoy!

Friday, December 4, 2009

Another Recipe _ Hamburger Soup

I would have added a picture but it wont let me so next time.
Below is the recipe for hamburger soup we have been making for ever its a recipe in a hamburger cook book I don't even know the name. I think its called hamburger recipes simple isn't it..
Of course we are die hard meat eaters.
And with our cold season upon us we make a lot of comfort foods and soup is one of them.
I finished my Christmas shopping today I think LOL that's a joke Iam always adding something else. Cant control my self when it comes to shopping for the holidays.
Tonight we are going to cracker barrel for dinner we like to go occasionally for their fish on Fridays we used to go often but that kind of wore off so we decided to give them our business tonight.
We have been having snow flurries all day but not sticking to the ground just a tease the high today was 27 and expecting a low of 19 real winter is knocking on our door unfortunately.
If you make this recipe I hope you enjoy it. I have to say CHOW from Me have to get ready to go out.

Hamburger Soup
3 tbsp butter or margarine
Or bacon I prefer bacon
1 1/2 lbs ground beef
the bacon makes it..
6 slices bacon chopped and sauteed
1 12-oz can tomatoes
2 10-oz cans beef consomme
1 10-oz can condensed onion soup
4 carrots, peeled and sliced 1/4" thick
1/4 cup
chopped celery tops
1/4 cup chopped parsley optional
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
10 whole black peppercorns
Instructions
Melt butter in stock pot or saute chopped bacon. Add beef and cook until browned. Drain off excess fat. Add remaining ingredients along with 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.

YUMMM

1 comment:

  1. Lady Di you must not post these delicious recipes when I am on my cleansing fast LOL I'll save it for later

    ReplyDelete