enjoy!

enjoy!

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Au gratin Potato Recipe included

I cant say Good Morning its late afternoon,
Here is a great picture I took the other day I really thought it was pretty.

 The Sun is shinning and Its in the 60s today, an almost perfect day.
 Our little Sally is having a problem today she seems to be in a lot of pain with her hind legs or her hip and was moaning this morning it was so sad.  Wouldn't you know it  happened on a Sunday and try to find a vet on Sunday.
 So definitely we will be setting up an appointment tomorrow she has been having this problem for months now off and on as soon as you think everything is OK then its not. So we have been putting it off to long. Tomorrow is the day.

Today we made Potatoes Au Gratin with Ham.
 Something I made up LOL I hope we like it.

Yep we liked it Steve ate 3 helpings and he dosent like ham.
 So eigther he was very hungry or he liked it.
He said it was pretty good and Steve would let me know. 

Potatoes Au Gratin


2 to 3 cups cooked leftover  Ham
 Par boiled 5 red potatoes
 Remove Skins once cooled enough to handle slice potatoes thin
1 large onion thinly sliced 
2 small or 1 large evaporated milk
1 cup each grated Parmesan, Cheddar, American
all grated 
Preheat oven 350
In Baking Dish
alternate potatoes, Ham Onion
Heat evaporated milk with cheeses until melted
 pour over potatoes ham and onion.
Bake 350 1/2 hour UN cover bake an additional 15 to 20 minutes.
Enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. bingo - I was looking for something to make with my leftover ham that's in the freezer - hope sally is ok - ponti has a hip issue and the vet gave me medicine when it acts up - the tree blossoms are just lovely xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that does sound good I wish I could have it but I am trying so hard to loose weight. As for Sally I think she might have arthrist. Let us know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the concern, Sally has an appointment tomorrow with the Vet. She seems better today but not 100 percent. Liz liked the ham and potatoe casserole also, but I don't think Liz is as fussy about food as Steve. He says he isn't LOL I told him he is almost as picky as Cindy.

    ReplyDelete