enjoy!

enjoy!

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Another Day In Beautiful Bourbonnais!

Photobucket


Good Morning
 Its morning and I was surfing on other blogs and I noticed one thing!!! this isn't the first time either, no one reads everything you go thru all the trouble to write, or maybe it's me. if it doesn't catch my eye I don't read it. maybe that's because I am always in a hurry, could be!
Here goes a short one from me.
I love looking at other blogs you get Ideas there COOL.

We took this photo Easter I resized it and thought it was pretty cool!
 I am sharing it hope you like it.
My Son in Law was flying it with his Grand Daughter
My Great Grand Daughter they had a blast. 
This morning and its only 9:30 and all our Garbage and even the  tree leaves twigs and such left over from last winter are gone, all in the same day. We got a new pick up service and were not used to everything being gone so soon, usually all the other years it sat out there until 1, 2 in the afternoon, the neighbors better wake up LOL and get it together.
TG 
I was on the ball and had it out there by 7 and they came when I barely got back into the house.
So Funny...
Bills making a turkey with dressing today, cant wait until dinner I love Turkey dinner. I'll take a picture and let you know how it was.



This Recipe Share today comes from my Cousin Peggy.
Thanks so much Peg.



My apricot braid recipe,
 Adapted from an old fashioned recipe I had.
 Where you had to knead by hand...
 This is proportionately scaled down to work in a bread machine:

In the bread machine, first:

1/4 cup melted butter

1 scant cup hot water, adjust for your area (we use more water here because the flour is dried out by our low humidity)

2 TBsp sugar

1 egg

3/4 tsp salt

grated rind of one lemon

On top of that, add 3 cups flour

Make a depression in the flour, then add 1 pkg quick-rising yeast

Start the machine on sweet dough cycle.

When the "ADD" beep sounds, put in 1/2 cup raisins and 1/2 snipped dried apricots. Don't add the fruit or raisins too soon, or the bread machine will gnarl it into pulp. When the dough is done, divide in thirds, roll each 1/3 into a tube, braid the tubes, tuck the ends down a bit and put the whole thing into a greased bread pan to rise. When done rising, brush with an egg wash (beaten egg and TBsp of water).

Bake 350 oven for about 25 min, until loaf sounds hollow when tapped.

When cool, drizzle with frosting glaze.

Glaze is a pat of melted butter, a couple of TBsp of milk and about a tsp of almond extract... add powdered sugar to the above until it is the correct consistency... drippy with all of the lumps gone.
 
Cant wait to make this one
Have a great day,  enjoy your day.

Hugs From Me

Diane Louise


4 comments:

  1. Thanks Steve! Iam glad to hear you are enjoying my blog, thanks for letting me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy reading them also and you have to slow down and smell the coffee as they say Diane,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Aletha, I will slow down in my grave LOL. kidding.:)

    ReplyDelete