enjoy!

enjoy!

Monday, April 12, 2010

Hi From Me Again!!

Here is the pink knock rose planted last year.

Its just a beautiful fantastic day, 75 for a high.
 I got a lot accomplished at least I think I did for my old age. and I'm not Thur yet, just taking a break. I did my usual cleaning and straightening out the garage of course it doesnt look like I did much but I know I did.
 I'm going out tomorrow and buy another knock out rose for the front instead of planting  13 geranium plants.
 I am going to be putting a couple of knock out roses instead for color no maintenance and they do fantastic here. I have three of them in the front now and they are amazing why go Thur all the trouble of geraniums for color when knock out roses  do so well and you don't have to buy them every year.
I am learning in my old age.
 I'm making this short because its to beautiful out not to go out and enjoy it.

Here is a photo from last summer.
Taken with my old cameras its a bit hazy.
My poor sad purple smoke bush near the house looks so sad we almost lost it.
 In the fall I trimmed away and shaped it and its looking really good right now.
 I think I did it a favor I'll take a picture in about a month because its just starting to bloom for the season.


Here is a recipe share from me I hope you like it
A group of friends and I are starting a  once a week recipe share.
  Here is one from one of them for this week.

Spring Beef Salad:



3 c Beef; cooked, cubed

3/4 C green Pepper, chopped

5 lg Olives, sliced

10 Onions, pickled; chopped

1/8 tsp. Pepper

1/2 tsp. Salt

1/4 tsp. Mustard, dry

1 tsp. Dill Weed

1/2 c Mayo

1/4 c Beer

1 Tbsp. Lemon juice

Onions, pickled (opt garnish)

Olives, stuffed (opt garnish)

Combine beef, green pepper, sliced olives, and chopped pickled onion;

chill.

Combine pepper, salt, mustard, dill weed, mayo, beer, and lemon juice;

mix well and add to meat mixture. Toss lightly. Chill at least 1 hour.

Garnish with pickled onions and olives if desired.

Serves: 6



Vicki :)
 
Thanks Vicki it sounds wonderful and its making me hungry.
 
Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. my roses never last here so I will adore yours - thanks xo

    ReplyDelete