enjoy!

enjoy!

Monday, November 1, 2010

Spice Cake and Me..

Sorry I haven't been around.
 We had a busy crazy weekend.
 I will go Thur it tomorrow.
 I know you want to know and I want to share so until tomorrow.
Thanks for looking.

I was also doing a lot of cleaning up out side before the final pick up.

A little Something I made today.
Not the cake but the pixel art.
I took a break from working out side.


Magic Spice Cake
I love spice cake and Liz made one.
 I should have kept a piece for today.
But when your full you dont think ahead.


 
Original Recipe
 Yield
1 - 9 inch round layer cake


Ingredients

2 cups all-purpose flour

1/4 cup cornstarch

1 cup white sugar

1 teaspoon baking powder

3/4 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon salt

3/4 teaspoon ground cloves

3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

3/4 cup shortening

1 cup buttermilk

3 eggs

Directions

1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9 inch round cake pans.

2.Sift together flour, cornstarch, sugar, baking powder, soda, salt, cloves, and cinnamon into a large bowl. Add shortening and buttermilk; beat with an electric mixer for 2 minutes. Add eggs, and beat 2 minutes more. Pour batter into prepared pans.

3.Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until done.

Frost with your favorite frosting.


Hugs From Me
Diane Louise

3 comments:

  1. cute tag and oh spice cake it is good for fall

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Aletha it is a great cake..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you call it 'magic' spice cake - probably because it disappears so quickly :)

    ReplyDelete