enjoy!

enjoy!

Friday, November 12, 2010

My Little Buddy in the Tree , Aunt Maxine's Spaghetti Sauce;


This morning I looked out the window at our tree.
 Our little buddy found the tree in the back.
We always enjoyed watching them in the willow.
  Now that its gone it took them a few weeks for them to venture to our other tree in the back.
Its not big enough to build a nest but I do enjoy watching them sit their.
A Little hazy out their this morning but now the sun is venturing out.
So Happy about that..


My husband has two Aunts who are only 3 and 5 years older than him, it was always a kick when we would all get together so much fun being close to the same age.
We would play our guitars and sing the night away and of course most of the time we would stay over night, it was only an hour and 15 minute drive between our houses but back then it was like going on a vacation.. LOL
We were used to our family all living in the same neighbor hood. going their was usually an over night trip.
Aunt Maxine, Uncle Frank and Their family was a real fun time for us.
They knew how to party.
Fun Times..

 Back then Maxine shared her recipe with me for Spaghetti Sauce she would make up in batches and can or freeze, she said she had a big freezer in her basement. I have been making her recipe for years and freezing it in Ziploc bags.
I wrote it down on a pink envelope she had around the house and for the life of me cant find it.. But I don't need it because that's what I do almost every year. I  thought why not share since that's what I have been doing lately.. sharing family recipes.
 Maxine had her garden and she would walk us around it telling us what she had planted. She had a lot of pride like we all do in our gardens.Their was always the tomatoes and peppers hot and mild. That family loved their Hot Peppers! NOT me I do not and cant eat them tooooo HOT.. I think you have to be raised that way. Another thing they love to eat is their lemons they eat them Bill still to this day eats them!!  not me to sour..
 Of course the pickles that was a summer must  grow and can in jars or  refrigerate.. Of course she loved us to try her pickles.. LOL so funny when I think back I hated pickles..Not only hers but all pickles..Now in my old age I like them who would have known!! but I  would say they are great..
Sorry everyone who's pickles I tried, don't be mad..


Maxine's Sauce.


Of course we all have our favorite this is one of mine..
 Roma Tomatoes
 green pepper
 onion
 garlic
 Oregano and Basil
Or Italian seasoning of your choice..

Maxine would leave the seeds and not  remove the skins
 sometimes I don't and
 some years  I do.

Use your own discretion.
Wash all vegetables chop and cook together slightly 
after cooled put in blender and process.
I use a food processor to process lightly.
 pour in to freezer bags.
You can also do the water bath canning method.

When you are going to make spaghetti take out one or two of your frozen bags of sauce
 thaw. A add to your  slightly browned meat that has had the grease removed.
 cook together for an hour. I use ground beef and Italian sausage together.
 If you need more thickness add a can of tomato paste.  test  to see if you need more Italian spices.
depending on individual taste.

One of the Ice Cycles on my front deck
 I had to share as you probably figured by now I love the Holiday decorations.
I added more lights to the house as well.


And last but not least
Im not perfect I make mistakes Im only human..

Diane Louise


2 comments:

  1. Oh the sauce looks yummy, I hope you have some for me when I come over Monday morning.

    ReplyDelete