enjoy!

enjoy!

Monday, November 8, 2010

Sharing Aunt June's Chow Chow

Good Morning

Its a beautiful morning and I'm going to take advantage of this warmer weather and put some of my Christmas lights out for the next couple of days. It always takes longer to put them out, so I always try to do it when the weather gets warmer. Taking them down it doesn't matter because I can always grab them and take them into the garage and pack them away..
Bill is so much better also so just in case I need help he will be able to help me..

I broke down and gave Sally and Abby a bath I usually have them groomed every three months and Abby smelled so bad!! I couldn't wait until after Thanksgiving..
She was so happy about it and of course Sally was so jealous. so Bill and I gave her one as well.
Abby just flew around the house for the longest time so excited after the bath.

Adopted Sisters and Best Friends
They play all the time especially  now that Sally isn't having back problems.
  I don't let her get up on the tall bed.
  I have lots of pillows to cushion the jump from the other bed.
I also have a hassock at the end of the bed so she can jump on that to get up to the bed.
 Pampered Pets.. 

Our Black squirrel is always going up our tree in the back and drinking water from the bird bath.
 The trees not tall enough so he wont build a nest in it.
 their is a pair of them Mr and Mrs one is black and the other is grey and white.

This is what's left of the flowers from summer.
 I leave the alyssums so the seeds will fall and they will come up again next year.
Pretty aren't they! I discovered that by accident one year..
 The picture was taken from inside the house so its not as sharp.
I trimmed down the Roses also and their are a few geraniums still in their.



Today's Share is from Bills Aunt June
She is one of the sweetest Ladies I know.. 
We have had this recipe for years and thought I would share.
We have made it several times..
Sharing just in case you might like to try it.

Aunt June's Chow Chow


1 large head of cabbage
 3/4 cup to 1cup sugar
1 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
3/4 cup water
1 tsp salt
1 tablespoon mustard
2 medium onions chopped
1 green pepper
2 tablespoon's margarine or butter

Grind cabbage, onion, pepper in food processor.
mix vinegar, salt, water & butter.
bring to a boil pour over cabbage mixture.
 pour into sterilized prepared jars using a  water bath process.
 or refrigerate up to two weeks.

Enjoy.
Time for me to dig out my Christmas lights.



3 comments:

  1. Oh Diane the flowers look nice and I love the black squirrel cute. Yes you do put the lights on are you also going to do the fence this year or not???

    ReplyDelete
  2. No not this year i dont think LOL..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could taste the chow chow just by looking at it - you are smart to decorate early - the flowers look lovely still and the pups are adorable xo

    ReplyDelete