enjoy!

enjoy!

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Heath Bar Bits Sour Cream Pound Cake

I made this today one of my favorite things to do.
 create..


I made a cake today its for Friday!
My  Church friend passed away.
 Bill made his  famous Cole Slaw for the funeral luncheon John is  having at our church .. Diane  is  being buried at the same cemetery where a lot of my family is buried. My Grandfather bought up a lot of grave sites all at once for the immediate family to be buried.
Of course it didn't turn out that it was only the immediate family buried their.
 But that's another story..


The wind is just amazing out their for three days now.
 I'm happy to say this is the first time I don't have a lot of leaves just a few that are collecting around the different plants.
 So early this morning.
 I went out and raked a few up big piles of leaves and corn stalks...

Leaves and Corn husks flying every where.
This is corn country..


I just thought I would share a couple of cloud formations we had yesterday.


The geese were flying early this morning their favorite weather, cool.




Here is the Recipe for the cake I made.
If you make it I hope you like it.

Its so good...



Heath Bar Bits Sour Cream Pound Cake


3 cups Flour
3 cups sugar
6 eggs
1 Tablespoon vanilla 
2 sticks room temp butter
1 cup sour cream
1 8oz package heath bits
found in the baking section

Cream together
Sugar, eggs, vanilla
Add flour and sour cream
Mix in Heath Bits
Pour batter into prep aired bunt pan
 bake in preheated 350 oven 1 hour and 10 minutes

Check  cake after an one hour for doneness.
 by sticking a tooth pick in to see if it comes out clean.
let set for a few minutes to settle and then invert on to dish.


Cream Cheese Glaze
I am the worse for measuring so here goes

I do this recipe by desired texture.
3 oz cream cheese softened at room temp
1 tsp vanilla
2 to 3 cups powdered sugar
2 Tablespoons milk
Combine all ingredients until well blended
 Add more milk or sugar if needed.



3 comments:

  1. all your creations are adorable - can't wait to try your cake/frosting recipe - wish I could reach in and take a bite right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely post as always Diane,
    Sorry about your friend.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea posting recipes separately - now I don't have to browse to find them anymore - thanks a ton - trying to find your carrot cake recipe - making it today with your cream cheese frosting xo

    ReplyDelete