enjoy!

enjoy!

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Getting Ready for the Holiday and Impossible Pie by Bill..

I love Christmas Cactus!



I bought this white one yesterday and I put it in a rustic looking pot I just like the look.

I have been waiting for them to come out for the season I used to have one years ago it was a gift from my friend Janet, it was her mothers and it was very old. I am still into Orchids and I have three that are starting to re bloom so excited about that but it will be a while..

I even have my Poinsettia  actually  the leaves that turned green over the past year
 starting to turn red.
 I'm so happy to see that..

One more week and the eating frenzy begins..
 I love Turkey especially the next day when I have my turkey sandwich loaded with Mayo and big queen olives on the side. I have been doing that for years a tradition as far as I'm concerned.
  
I cant decide weather to put up two trees or one crazy isn't it..
I'm really seriously thinking one this year.

I started our Christmas shopping we don't have to buy much just one  or two gifts and the rest is the green stuff so much easier. Except of course the family princess. Now that's another story :)...

I was also taking a few pictures thought I would share with you.

Its really starting to look like winter is on its way
  I had a few visitors the other day.

Looks drearie doesn't it.. Some of the flowers are actually still their..
I think Im going to plant the same kind in front next year,
they last a lot longer.

The look of the end of Fall.

A Rose on the arbor

Here are a couple of birds that I managed to take a picture of yesterday.

Blu Jay at the very top of the tree.


A big crow!
 we seem to have a few hanging around.


Thats all the picture share for today.

 Bills all time old favorite pie..



BISQUICK IMPOSSIBLE COCONUT PIE RECIPE


Looks like a little mouse tried a piece..


Ingredients:

2 cups milk

3/4 cup sugar

1/2 cup Bisquick Baking Mix

1/8 teaspoon salt

4 large eggs

1/4 cup butter (softened)

1-1/2 teaspoon vanilla

1 1/3 cups flaked coconut

Directions:
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place milk sugar, baking mix, eggs, butter and vanilla in blender container; cover.

3. Blend on low speed for 3 minutes.

4. Pour into a greased 9-inch pie plate. Sprinkle the coconut on top after pouring into pie plate.

5. Bake for 40 minutes or until pie is set and the top is golden brown.

6. Cool on a wire rack. Store in refrigerator.



Diane Louise

2 comments:

  1. your christmas cactus is beautiful and the pot is perfect - I'm waiting to see if my amaryllis comes back xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know if it comes back I dont have any more room or I would buy one LOL

    ReplyDelete