enjoy!

enjoy!

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

More Holiday Decorations, Happy Birthday Dorothy & Bills Chicken Soup



Hi Thanks for stopping by.
Today would have been my Oldest Sisters Birthday.
 Happy Birthday Dorothy we miss you and think about you every day.


I added a few more Christmas Decorations yesterday outside.
 I thought they looked adorable.
Of course by now you figured it out I love holiday decorations..


This is the first year our snowman made it to the front.
 We always had him in the back he looks kind of cute out their.



We put one of our  wreath's out back this year.
This one has always been out front.
 We did a little switching around this year.
Trying to think ahead and making it easier to bring it all in.


I like the snow flakes this year their new and look so festive when the lights shine on them.


 If you fallow me we have been on a roll decorating for a few days out side and Christmas shopping at least trying to get in the decorating mood and Christmas shopping mood.

 I do it in dribbles and not all at once like I used to. I'm retired and don't have to crash decorate on thanksgiving weekend like in previous working years.. Now I just drag the decorations out of the containers a little now and then depending on my mood. their all stored in the garage sixteen of them.. I have been giving away a lot the past few years I just don't want all that work any more and the grand kids can enjoy it be for it goes out of style..

 Of course the garage gets a mess so this morning I had to straighten it up so I could mess it up again LOL a never ending cycle..I know this is weird but I vacuum the floor it really works well..
I got some really good deals at Sears this weekend. I don't normally buy only certain type of things their and I did really well sales wise  this past weekend.. I even got a 30 dollar gift card from them to use this week so today or tomorrow we will go back and use it.. I couldn't believe it I thought this is great the two Items I bought one was 50 percent off and the other was 50 dollars and a 30 dollar gift card to boot how great is that..

Bill made Chicken Soup and impossible pie this past week of course their both gone..
Megan liked it so much she made one her self last night.


I will post the pie next time..


Bills Chicken  Noodle Soup.


Ingredients

2 1/2 cups wide egg noodles

1 teaspoon vegetable oil

8 cups chicken broth

1 1/2 tablespoons salt

1 teaspoon poultry seasoning

1 cup chopped celery

1 cup chopped onion

1/3 cup cornstarch

1/4 cup water

1 talbspoon chicken Base its a paste
3 cups diced, cooked chicken meat.
Bill used
Boneless skinless chicken breast

Directions

1.Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add egg noodles and oil, and boil for 8 minutes, or until tender. Drain, and rinse under cool running water.

2.In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, combine broth, salt, and poultry seasoning. Bring to a boil. Stir in celery and onion. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 minutes.

3.In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water together until cornstarch is completely dissolved. Gradually add to soup, stirring constantly. Stir in noodles and chicken, and heat through.
Enjoy!


Thanks For Looking

3 comments:

  1. love love love the decorations - chicken soup for the soul - tfs xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Diane did you put the wreath on the shed yet?

    Love soup will make this

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Rob. No I didn't put the wreath their yet.I went Christmas shopping this morning and then came home and raked the whole back both sides of the bushes and inside of the fence so for a old lady that was a lot of physical stuff for one day.. maybe tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete