enjoy!

enjoy!

Saturday, November 20, 2010

I Baked a Chocolate Cake..

I hope you noticed I'm trying to get into the holiday spirit.
 I made a new Header for the Holiday Season.
 It took me a while so I  decided to post it.

 Before you know it will be over and Ill be busy doing other things.
 Hope you like it..

I would like to get started putting up my tree I know its early but I don't like putting up a tree and going Thur all that work decorating and bamm its time to take it down..
 I have been doing my own tree for ever Bill never helped
 probably because I used to get crazy when I worked and tried to do it all thanksgiving weekend..
That's probably why he never got into the habit of helping me,
only with emergencies LOL

This morning don't ask me why I had a box of Chocolate cake mix in the pantry and wanted to use it. I rarely ever make box cakes always from scratch, I'm old fashioned. I don't like the taste so I thought I would jazz it up with Cherry pie filling on top and Heath bits in the cake batter.. I baked it in a cast iron skillet me new way to bake. LOL I hope it taste as good as it looks, Ill let you know..

Sunday Megan, Brent and Julie came over we had dinner together.
Cindy stopped by Thursday and stayed for dinner it was nice she has been working a lot of hours so she doesn't stop by every other day like before.
  Brittney stopped by  yesterday we went to lunch.
 I had a gift card from my neighbor we finally got to use and still have money left on it..

 Almost forgot to mention Aletha came over Monday.
 We are really lucky that we always have a lot of visitors.
Tuesday I went to a circle group I belong to at my church.
So all in all Life is good
We are so lucky our family is very close.



Below is my Recipe for
 Chocolate Cherry Heath Bits Cake

1 Box Betty Crocker Moist Chocolate Cake Mix
3 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1 1/3 cups water
1 can Cherry Pie Filling
1 cup Heath Bar Bits

Prepare Pan I used a large Iron skillet
 because thats the look I wanted.
after spraying with Pam
add 1 can cherry pie filling to prepared skillet.
Prepare cake mix according o directions
after beating amounted time 2 minutes  stir in heath bits.
Pour over pie filling in the skillet.

Bake in preheated over 35 to 40 minutes test for doneness after 35 minutes.
When tooth pick comes out clean cake is done.
let set in skillet 10 minutes befor placing on to cake plate
Place cake plate over cake and skillet  turn both together up side down..

Enjoy

Thanks For Looking
Hugs From Me
Diane Louise

4 comments:

  1. your christmas theme is so cute on the blog - sounds like you are really enjoying the beginning of the holidays xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rob! it always gives me an excuse to create I think Christmas is my favorite..Megan the cake is good but rich you cant eat a large pice at least I shouldent have LOL so moist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Diane the blog looks nice and I wish I could make the cake.

    ReplyDelete