enjoy!

enjoy!

Saturday, October 23, 2010


I was creating with my  lady this morning
I put her in the park to enjoy all the fall colors.
That's what we all should do if we are able and lucky enough.
 To be where their are glorious fall colors.
In the park or the forest preserves or just out and about
 enjoying.

I was out early and these might be a bit dark but wanted to share a few of my flowers
 before the rain comes and its supposed to be here today then their gone for this year.
The photos today are not as sharp, Its not your computer.
 I was using my older camera.

do have sad news my friend from church Diane died yesterday.
We went to the same High School at the same time, same age and lived in the same neighborhood growing up. Became members of our church on the same day.
But didn't know each other until I moved out here 50 miles from the neighborhood we grew up in.
We even had the same first name.
Talk about a small world.
Condolences to her family.
She will be missed..


Here are a couple I took last night of the full moon.






Here are some pictures I took this morning.

Here is that Robin I have been trying to get a picture of.
 Its
almost the end of October and hes still here..
So exciting..
Taken from inside that's why its not all that sharp.

I took this one from inside the house also.. 
I was so excited to see a bird looking out..









I made a pie yesterday!!
Bill helped he pealed and cut the apples.
We actually used frozen pie crust and it passed the taste test..
Im always preaching against them but I think I changed my mind..

Fresh Apple Pie

6 granny smith apples
pealed and cut into eighths
Bring to a boil
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup water
1/4 tsp salt
Add apples
Cook10 minutes until apples are tender
using a measuring cup scoop out about 3/4 cup of  the juice in the pan
after slightly cooled add 2 to 3 tablespoons corn starch mix well
 add all back to pan and continue cooking until liquid has thickened.
a few minutes.

Gently scoop out apples and some liquid into pie shell that has been pierced with a fork to prevent shrinking.
cover with another pie shell pressing edges together with a fork pierce top with fork place on cookie sheet Bake in hot oven 400 for 45 minutes.

After the pie has cooled make glaze
 1 cup powdered sugar and 1 to 2 talkspoons of milk
mix-well glaze should be slightly thick
drizzle on top using fork.
Enjoy!!

Tomorrow
Cindy's recipe for Chicken and Dumplings
She dropped some off on her way to work.
 Amazing
the best we have ever had..

Like I always say
I do make mistakes
 Im not perfect so dont expect me to be..

4 comments:

  1. everything looks beautiful - sorry about your friend :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice and the pie looks yummy love the pictures

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Aletha..Have a great day..Take advantage of the nice weather.

    ReplyDelete