enjoy!

enjoy!

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Cindys Chicken N Dumplings Recipe Share

I just took this shot of a noisy crow letting everyone know he is here
He is way up on the utility pole. 

 He or She found the corn holder we put in front.


Tuesday Morning
I didn't finish blogging last night.

Thanks for stopping by.

 I finally got my computer working We had to take it over to Best Buy and the geek squad  fixed it  thank goodness we had coverage and it didn't cost anything only about 20 minutes in the store. We messed around with it all day. I was trying to bring over some files in my computer Thur my filezilla so they would be in my dianelouise .net.   it messed up my computer and caused my Internet explored to jam up and nothing stored in intern explorer worked at all.. I only got was a blank screen and a message telling me something went wrong No Kidding LOL
 Bill and I tried all day to figure it out..
Nothing worse than when your computer doesn't work.
 Although I do have  more it just isn't the same..

 I also cut down a few things out in front like the tall grass by the front deck I do that every year and a bush and cleaned up my geraniums. It was looking crazy out their and the out side pick up leaves, grass, branches  will be ending in about two weeks..Also did a little in the back.

 I also went over to the Church to help pack up quilts that the Ladies made for world relief we packed 107 of them..It went pretty smoothly after a few glitches and that always makes for a little excitement..
Below a few photos of the quilts some of us helped put together some more than others but doesn't matter every little bit that some one does is I'm sure appreciated.





 After the packing I went home and  Bill and I went grocery shopping, Wow what a day today was.
 While we were their we got out flu shot so hopefully we are safe from the flu for the season.
fingers crossed..

This is the Chicken and Dumplings Recipe I promised.
Recipe courtesy of
Cindy
Chicken and Dumplings
Recipe Ingredients:

Broth


2-1/2 To 3 Lbs Whole Chicken

2 – Quarts Chicken Broth



Dumplings


2 – Cups All Purpose Flour

1/2 – Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon baking soda
5 – Tablespoons Butter

1 – Egg

1/2 – Cup Whole Milk

Recipe Instructions:
As always the key to great cooking is to be prepared and to use quality ingredients.


Place the chicken into a large boiling pot. Add chicken broth  Make sure the chicken is covered with broth. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmering. Throughout cooking skim away any foam that forms in your pot. Simmer for 1-1/2 hours until chicken is done and tender. Remove chicken from the broth and allow to cool.


Debone the chicken once it is cool enough to handle. While deboning the chicken discard the undesirable parts (skin, bones, etc). Cut deboned chicken into bite sized pieces.
Now it's time to prepare your dumplings. Preparing the dumplings is easy. Mix your flour, salt, egg, butter and milk in a stand mixer. If you don’t have a stand mixer, a mixing bowl and hand mixer will do the job. Continue to mix until a ball forms.
You may need to add more flour while mixing.


Form your dumplings by rolling out the dough to about 1/8 inch on a cutting board. Use a sharp knife or pizza cutter to cut your dough into bite size pieces. If you feel creative try cutting out small circles, squares or diamond patterns.


Bring the chicken broth to a boil. Drop dumplings into boiling broth, ensuring that they submerge. Add all of your dumplings to the broth. You can keep dumplings from sticking together by adding butter and dunk dumplings one final time. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for  10 to 20 minutes. Add chicken and simmer until chicken is heated…. Very inportant to cover while cooking your dumplings, do not remove cover it helps to make them fluffier..
  Now ready to serve.


Preparation Time = 20 minutes
Cooking Time = 2 hours


Like I Always Say
Thanks For Looking
Hugs From Me










4 comments:

  1. amazing!!! must make this soup - tfs - be safe xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures of the squrile and the quilt's

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful post - such a busy day. Glad your PC is fixed. The quilts are stunning - such lovely work all done with kindness and love. Congratulations to your Church group.
    Recipe looks wonderful too.

    I hear you are in for some rough weather with strong winds and rain - take care.
    Love and hugs,
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Chicken N Dumplings is an old family recipe Nanny used to make, but we do it a little different.. I love the squirrel to their are two a black and a dark grey one, they look very young. Bill can watch them from the front window now. Our Church does that every year its a really good thing to do. some of the talented Ladies sew them all together and we do whats called tying. Some are just so amazing the pictures don't do them justice.

    ReplyDelete