enjoy!

enjoy!

Friday, October 22, 2010

Coffee BBQ Sauce Recipe


 I didn't get to finish my Blog yesterday
ran out of steam..
Light Frost this morning Hate that..

I'm finally sitting in front of the computer.
I seen a Robin today its almost the end of October and their still here.
 I have never seen a Robin past June.
I can never take its picture they are to fast..
And don't hang around long enough.. 

Just had to share on the way to Drury Lane Theatre Wednesday
an old fashioned country church with the cemetery right next to it.,
 and a modern electric sign.
Gotta Love it..

This morning I was on a roll I straightened up the garage getting it ready to put the wicker chairs and fountain parts  in for the winter. we usually put them in the day after Halloween because we know we wont be sitting out all that much in the front.

 We do occasionally because its protected from the weather more than the back.
 If its a really nice day we still have the swing. I don't put the cushion away until later  just in case.. I know you wanted to know all that LOL  I also put all the yard trinkets away.
 That was a project because I had to move things in the shed to put the table in but we did it and so happy about that..
I did leave two chairs out just in case we want to sit in the back if the weather is nice and I know we will be having nice weather its not winter yet.


I covered up my carnations were expecting frost
And stuck them in a corner hope that will help.



Wednesday we went to a play and lunch a Christmas gift that we finally used.
We  were gone all day the play was at Drury Lane in Oak Brook
 Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
 We  seen it years ago and it was so much better at Drury Lane a bigger stage.
 Yesterday was the first time we have ever been to Drury Lane.
We always  went to Candle light or to a Theatre down town. You get spoiled living out here and forget theirs a lot more traffic up north and especially when you don't have a clue where it is, its been a few years since we were up that way, we followed  map quest and that's usually wrong  not this time. It took us right into the parking lot.. We didn't fallow it home and made better time going home because we knew what we were doing on the way back.
The food was excellent and we really enjoyed the meal.

Cesar Salad
I unwrapped the lemon I forgot they wrap it
DAH!!
 cant take me any where.

I had Coffee BBQ Salmon
Yes it was amazing..
I even had dessert
80 percent whip cream.

But Delicious..


Sharing a couple of photos of the performers on stage..





Below is a recipe for

 Coffee BBQ Sauce.
refrigerated up to 2 weeks.

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: 20 minutes

Total Time: 30 minutesIngredients:

Ingredents

•1/2 cup brewed espresso or strong, dark coffee
•1 cup ketchup
•1/2 cup cider vinegar
•1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
•1 onion, peeled and finely chopped, about 1 cup
•2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
•3 fresh hot chili peppers, such as jalapeno, or hotter if desired, seeded
•2 Tablespoons hot dry mustard mixed with 1 tablespoon warm water
•2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
•2 Tablespoons ground cumin
•2 Tablespoons chili powder

Preparation:
Put espresso or coffee, ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, onion, garlic, chile peppers, dry mustard, Worcestershire sauce, cumin, and chili powder in a small pot, stir them together, and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Lower the heat so the mixture is just simmering and let simmer for 20 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat, let the mixture cool, then puree it in a blender or food processor fitted with the steel blade.
The barbecue sauce can be covered and refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
• Grilled Pork Chops with Coffee Barbecue Sauce
Yield: about 3 cups



5 comments:

  1. sounds like you had a great time - good for you xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh nice wow never been there and it is not that far from me. Food looks yummy, boy the smell from those flowers oh my gosh so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Rob it was nice to do something different..

    We will hopefull go again next year..
    I know I love the carnations I do everything to protect them almost take them to bed to keep them warm.LOL Just kidding..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful time - glad you enjoyed it and the photographs are great.

    Love and hugs,
    Linda.

    ReplyDelete