enjoy!

enjoy!

Friday, October 1, 2010

Banana Coconut Bread Recipe





Happy October 1st You All!!

OMG I don't know what happened to my Blog settings yesterday but we had a really big headache.. I could not access my photos at all and you know me that's what I like to do add pictures and photos to my Blog. so after a big consultation with Bill, Cindy and Brittney none of who new what the heck happened. LOL Bill fixed it back to my older one and I'm back in business.. I think :) Bill saving the day AGAIN..

I hope I have better luck with adding images today I will let you know..
UP DATE
OK now Im back to the newest version that I had befor.
 Their must have been a glich yesterday its working today.
 Computers !!! need I say more. :)


Yesterday Cindy and Brittney came over we went for Chinese for lunch.
 Not my favorite but it was actually good!! Hate to admit that.
After we went to Wall Mart and of course I found something to buy.:)
Bill sat on a bench and people watched his favorite thing to do in Wall Mart..
Today I have to make something for Sunday

I decided to make Bills Coconut Banana Bread I'm making it into Cup cakes.
That should be interesting.
 I always make anything with Banana a day or two earlier.
 It always taste better for some odd reason.
I hate baking I don't know how this happened me baking

Its a great recipe so I thought I would share it.
I have a lot of bananas in the freezer and want to use up some.
 Their is nothing like over ripe bananas in a recipe.



Banana Coconut Bread


I tested it for you
Yep its good.

PREP TIME: 15 Min

BAKE TIME: 1 Hr

READY IN: ~ 1 Hr 15 Min

SERVINGS: 10

INGREDIENTS

* 1 teaspoon baking powder

* 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour

* 1/4 teaspoon salt

* 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter

* 2/3 cup sugar

* 1 large egg

* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla

* 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped

* 3 very ripe bananas, mashed

* 3/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.

2. Grease a 4 x 8 inch loaf pan with butter. You can dust the insides with flour.

3. Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl

4. In another large bowl mix in butter, sugar, egg, vanilla, walnuts.

5. Add mashed bananas and continue mixing.

5. Add 1/2 cup of coconut to the mixture.

6. Combine the contents of the 2 bowls together.

7. Transfer the mix to the loaf pan.

8. Bake the bread for approximately an hour.

9. Check if the loaf is ready by inserting a toothpick. If it comes out clean, it’s ready to be taken out of the oven.

10. Tips: You could place the pan on an insulated baking sheet as it would prevent the bottom of the banana bread from over baking.

NOTE
Today I used
1 2/3 cup flour
and 5 bananas
I put the batter almost to the top in muffin pans.

baking for 25 minutes
testing at 15 min
when tester comes out clean they are done.

I frosted with simple butter frosting


1 stick butter softened
4 cups powdered sugar
1/2 tesp vanilla
1/4 cup milk
Blend together until creamy.


That's all from me today
I  have to get the show on the road, busy busy Me..
Thanks For Looking

HUGS


2 comments:

  1. yummy...I can just see Uncle Bill sitting around watching the crowds LOL - thanks for my daily chuckle :)

    ReplyDelete