enjoy!

enjoy!

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year Day 2


Another Cold Morning
Its over all the Christmas decorations are packed away and its - 2 here. Yep minus! The start of our wonderful winter in Illinois. I am so glad I fed the birds yesterday evening it wasent in the minuses then.
I am so thank full that I learned the computer it has saved me from these cold long winters. I would be totally bored with out it, sitting around feeling sorry for my self. I have become so creative and knowledgeable because of it.
Thanks to all that helped me get started My Sister, My husband, My Daughter and Grand Children I drove them crazy they have all been instrumental in helping to get me started six years ago befor that I worked, cleaned and cooked At the time thats all I knew sounds exciting dosent it. And now I have developed many on line friends and family that I share every days events with I Love It!!
The family comes over and they know just where I am sitting, here creating LOL they cant believe what a monster they created LOL.


This is it my command center
Here is a favorite recipe we make for special occasions
 Enjoy


Stuffed Mushrooms


Ingredients
12 large fresh mushrooms
5 tablespoons butter, melted
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup chopped onions
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheeseDirections


1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
2.Remove stems from mushrooms. Finely chop stems and set aside. Arrange caps hollow side up in the baking dish. Drizzle with 5 tablespoons melted butter, and salt and pepper to taste.
3.Melt 1/4 cup butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the mushroom stems and onions, and cook 5 minutes, or until tender. Gradually blend in flour and heavy cream until smooth. Remove from heat. Mix in parsley.
4.Generously stuff mushroom caps with the mixture. Top with Swiss cheese.
5.Bake 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned.

Hugs From Me

1 comment: