enjoy!

enjoy!

Saturday, January 9, 2010

-2 this Morning

 -2 this morning
Always something to say about the awful winter weather we are expericing here. I dont like it! to cold and my poor puppies cant stand it especially Sally she has a really hard time with it. We met the girls at the Mall for lunch I didnt think I would be able to make it because we had promised the Church that we would help take down the Christmas decorations but by the time I got their the worst was over. There was more help this year than usual and that was really nice 45 minutes at the most I was their of course some were their 1/2 hour befor I got their and they had talked it with gusto.  I am embarrassed to say I live the closest to the Church of all the members and I was the last one their. Iam so bad .LOL  I was able to meet the Girls after all  it was just nice to get away from the house and computer for a few hours. Although I have a lot of projects to do on the computer Iam backed up being the first of the year and we have been closed down for about a month in the web group I own with a internet friend and my sister. Also we have  a 3 year anniversary coming up our group being on line.. WHOO HOO how exciting..three years amazing and we are still hanging in their that time really flew by.  I have to get back to my drawing Iam making Birthday Tags to post on our site and they take some time so Iam cutting this short Oh and I dont want to close with out saying Get Well to my wonderful Nephew Scott he is in the hospital with a stint put in his heart and a blood clot removed from his veines, so so sad we are praying for him to have a speedy recovery.We love you Scott and Chrissie they have had their share of sickness lately hang in their you two sending positive healing thoughts your way.
Here is the soup I promised in a previous post and it always taste better the nexrt day.

 Bills Beef Vegetable Soup
Adapted from his fathers original recipe



3 to 31/2 Lbs Chuck Roast

4 carrots chopped

2 onions chopped

Celery hearts plus 2 stalks of celery chopped

3 turnips diced

3 parsnips diced

4 russet potatoes diced

28oz can diced tomatoes

48oz container beef broth (Collage Inn)

2 cans V8 11.5oz size

Brown meat in large pot using olive oil after well browned remove any grease.

Return meat to pot add all vegetable except potatoes and carrots, also adding all the above liquid.

When meat is tender remove and cut up into bite size pieces return to pot adding diced potatoes and carrots continue cooking until all vegetables are tender. Salt to desired taste.

Enjoy


Hugs From Me







No comments:

Post a Comment