enjoy!

enjoy!

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Big Snow Storm Today!

We have been bombarded with snow today, actually I enjoy it now that Iam retired and dont have to drive any long distance to go to work. although I never did have to go far to work 4 miles was the furthest I lived from work during the snowy months here in Illinois. I can remember years ago the blizzard was so bad that we were let go from work a little early and a UPS truck was going by just as I about to pull out of the parking lot,. I followed it all the way home short of a 1/2 mile from my house talk about some one looking out for me. He lead the way something I will never forget.  I lived in Chicago and we would get some amazing snow storms because of the lake effect storms. We didnt even have a place to get rid of all the snow so we  would throw it over the fence into the back yard to get it out of the alley so we would be able to park our car in the garage.
I shoveled off the back deck 3 times so far today and a path leading to the bird feeders out by the arbor so our little dogs would have a path to walk in and  it wouldent be to deep to go out to feed the birds. I also shoveled the front sidewalk although we have a guy do out snow shoveling this year I couldent control my self hard to break old habits and I like the exercise. I did save the drive way for him and the sidwalk in front of the house. He does an amazing job and so reasonable we really enjoy having him. Bill bought another  new snow blower last year and now we hire some one, he wants to hang on to it just in case our guy isnt able to do it.


 Bill made his signature Beef Vegetable Soup today a recipe he aquired from his father who was the main cook when he was growing up. Bill has perfected it and we just love it especially on a cold snoey day like today cant wait to have a bowl.
I will get his recipe and post it tomorrow . I have a big art project Iam working on.
Until Next Time

Hugs From Me

No comments:

Post a Comment