enjoy!

enjoy!

Monday, January 4, 2010

Exciting!! Another Cold Day.

Morning Here in Illinois
 COLD COLD COLD
It is January and its one of our coldest months in Illinois, it will even get worse later in the month! arent we lucky.. Iam trying to get up the courage to go out and feed our feathered friends we usually fill up the feeders once a day and they usually devour it. We havent seen blue boy sad to say he and lavender have been gone for a couple of weeks now, she went first I dont have a clue I am hoping they both went South thats what I am wishing for for them. I was busy yesterday all the photos I took in 2009 I store in folders on my computer so once a year I move them to my Fotki site a free site for photo storing but I pay because I want the  extras that go with it. Yesterday we hurried home from church we didnt even go to breakfast with our friends Bill wanted to make a turkey. It turned out wonderful we havent had one since Thanksgiving and we like to have turkey once in a while especially in the winter its a comfort food for us occasionally.

Below is my recipe share for today!
 I love this stuff its so good I got the recipe from my dear  friend Janet, she calls me all the time and keeps me up dated. We worked together side by side for 15 years and were  gone from their for 13 years. The company we worked for sold out to another company they moved way North and we didnt go with we took out 4O1K and retired.
 OMG I cant believe how the time flew although I only retired at the time for 4 months my sister talked me into going to work where she worked and I was happy I did it was a great place to work. I met a lot of famous people who are only people after all LOL so thats how we treated them.
Now Iam officially retired and enjoying life.
Here is Janets Recipe her Birthday is coming up the 8th she always enjoyed sharing a birthday with Elvis.

Caramel Popcorn

Ingredients

1 cup butter
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
5 quarts popped popcorn
 (I use O-KE Doke Corn Pops)
Add
 Pecans or Cashews along with the pop corn
If desired.


Directions
Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (95 degrees C). Place popcorn in a very large bowl.
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil without stirring 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in soda and vanilla. Pour in a thin stream over popcorn, stirring to coat.
Place in two large shallow baking dishes and bake in preheated oven, stirring every 15 minutes, for 1 hour. Remove from oven and let cool completely before breaking into pieces.

Hugs From Me

No comments:

Post a Comment