enjoy!

enjoy!

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Up Date From Me.


We have been planting like crazy the bug has bitten me Not Bill but me LOL. He keeps saying we'll get it tomorrow OK so when is tomorrow I cant wait. So there I am deliriously crawling in the dirt again. I think I am finally finished . We dug out three bushes yesterday and I moved this and that around a few times.
 Steve, Liz,  Brittney and Cindy came over today and the next thing you know Cindy Brittney and I are at Lowe ls buying plants so I picked up a pretty bush and Steve and Bill helped me plant it. Cindy went home to plant her own plants.
The one in the middle is our newest Bush its called
Wine & Roses Weigela.
We finally got the tomatoes and peppers in yesterday although we left off the cages just in case we get a frost in the next few weeks and we will be able to cover them properly. We wanted to get them in because we were expecting rain for the next few days and that sure cant hurt them.
Speaking of Tomatoes I remember my Mother making Tomato jelly and it was my absolute favorite along with the grape jam from our grapes in our garden.so I looked up a recipe and here it is. I always buy it at the farmers market every year. A reminder of my child hood.

 

SPICED TOMATO JELLY


Recipe From
Cooks.com


3 c. tomato juice

1 tsp. grated lemon rind

1/4 tsp. salt

1 tsp. mixed pickling spices

1 (1 3/4 oz.) box powdered pectin

5 c. sugar

1/4 c. lemon juice



Simmer juice 10 minutes. Add lemon, lemon juice and salt. Tie spices in cheesecloth bag and add. Stir in pectin and bring to a hard boil over high heat. Add sugar all at once. Bring to a full rolling boil and boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Remove spice bag and ladle into hot sterilized jars. Seal airtight. Makes 6 (1/2 pint) jars.

It would be lonely with out you.



 


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. lovely arrangements - your hard work always pays off - we look forward to seeing everything in person in awhile xo

    ReplyDelete