enjoy!

enjoy!

Sunday, May 2, 2010

UP DATE AGAIN!


I know it hasn't even been twenty four hours since I posted last, but had to mention we had our book club Thursday night and Beth, and her husband John were our host for this month. After we all got there she announced we will be drinking these different sodas and I was like what is this, I thought it was funny not that I was against it but we usually have a cocktail at least one at our book club. Then it dawned on me our guest would be Dr. John C. Bowling! we read his book (Making the Climb) he just happens to be the President of Olivette Nazarene University, need I say more.. LOL I was thoroughly impressed with him, what an absolute charming man no wonder he has been the president for over twenty years. And we happen to live in the town where he is the president so naturally he was invited to our book club and he so graciously excepted, what a treat.. His book is about his adventure of climbing to the top of Mt Kilimanjaro and his preparation leading up to the amazing adventure. Next year he plans on doing the four or five day hike in the Mojave Desert and Im sure he will fallow with a book on that adventure.

Were working on our plans for our trip to Vegas and California I think this is the absolute first time we actually have to pay for a room in all the years and times we have stayed there. We have been going to Vegas since the 80s at least one or two times a year. What does that tell you, they aren't nice any more. But we wanted to stay at the new Aria in City Center a MGM property. I sure hope its worth it.
Even thou we only stayed at the MGM properties we havent been there for two years and I think there mad at us. LOL
I know we could stay at the other MGM properties for free but they  wouldn't bend. and said we didnt qualify to stay free. JERKS LOL mean arent I.
We would have gone to a free one but wanted to stay at Aria because my Brother and Sister in Law are staying there, and who knows this might be our last trip to Vegas we aren't getting any younger.
Time to close for now Im making dinn dinn and Steve drove his girlfriend to work so he is hanging here waiting to go to work his self.
 I want him to be able to have some dinner befor he leaves.

CHOW for Now
Thanks for stopping by
It would be pretty lonely with out you.



Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. that's a lot of news - Dr. Bowling! definitely stay at the Aria - when are you going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Im glad you like my blog, California June 11,12,13, Vegas 14,15,16 coming home the 17th. We are going to call Bob as soon as everything is set probably today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we are taking our family vacation the exact time - who's gonna blog when we're gone? LOL xo

    ReplyDelete