enjoy!

enjoy!

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Tomatillo Salsa Recipe Share

Wow what a busy morning!!
I watered every where today and last night
 we need rain this Summer is almost like California and Arizona its drying up and I cant stand it.

 We had an invasion of the birds yesterday what a cool thing to see they came swarming Thur in the morning and than in the evening. I don't know what that was all about it happens every year.

 I made Salsa again yesterday this time I used tomatillos from my neighbor and cherry tomatoes, Fantastic!!!
the recipe will be after I post.
 This morning we went to the farmers market my first time this season.
 Bill has been their many times this summer, will let me say it was crowded amazingly crowded.
 traffic jams actually..

 I tried to buy everything LOL just kidding.
I bought blue berries for making blueberry sour cream pound cake during the winter one of my favorites. I bought eggplant to make eggplant parmesan yummy making that tomorrow with Italian sausage..I bought two nice not to big and not to small zucchini to grate and freeze for winter baking. I freeze it in two cup amounts in freezer bags. most recipes call for two cups. I bought biskatie the best I have ever eaten I ate one in the car on the way home. couldn't wait.. 

Of course corn on the cob this is corn country so their is plenty around here.
Its the best any where.
I bought pretzel bread a local favorite for me and a lot of people a round these parts.
 We bought three jars of home made pickles sweet horseradish, dill horseradish, and habanero dill sounds good don't they.
 We had samples and they are amazing.
 We even bought tomatoes ours are just about finished and we couldn't pass them up. Fresh green beans and new potatoes, a dozen of farm fresh eggs, and last but not least Kettle corn a must buy every year. 
After we got home and snacking all the time, the girls called to meet for lunch, so we did.
 I watched what I  ate a small salad and a baked potato not to bad.





This picture was taken the other day its a pretty butterfly
 Up high in our willow tree had to share that one.

 Salsa Recipe
 so easy

6 Tomatillos  chopped up
No its not tomato...
20 cherry tomatoes chopped in half.
1/2 cup well drained crushed pineapple
1 tsp granulated garlic
1 talb spoon salad supreme seasoning mix.
place all into food processor
lightly process 
let sit for an hour and put in strainer to remove most of the juice 

You dont want it to soupy.
 Enjoy 


Hugs From Me
 Diane Louise

4 comments:

  1. pretzel bread is the best - drool...love the pics - great captures - tfs xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rob it is good stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We did!! now to make the eggplant parmesan that's today's project.. I already ate 2 biscottis they were the best I had any where!!! We ate up the Kettle Corn, I bought a small bag :)

    ReplyDelete