enjoy!

enjoy!

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Cooking again this week.


I'm on a roll again.
 I want  to bring  a few meals to help out my sister,  she had back surgery and I know its not easy cooking.
 As a matter of fact its a lot of work. I made a couple of good ones. I cant take all the credit Bill made his famous meat loaf we froze the rest on plates with mashed potatoes and gravy. I know i didn't put a lot of gravy like I know Aletha likes but I don't like a lot so sorry in advance Aletha.:)

 One plate is  for Steve, one for Cindy and one for Aletha. We enjoy doing it yes its a lot of work since I have all this free time its even more fun.
Day Two
I didn't have time to finish I was pr occupied with other things like sending my self from my other computer tags and IM papers to down load.

This morning it pored down rain and I mean pored it was great don't have to water this morning so happy about that. I did find out the gutter by the back deck steps was plugged solid nothing went Thur so we had to get out the ladder and pull out what we could and try to shove the rest down later we will take a hose and try to flush it out.

This morning I'm busy Robbie is going to stop by looking forward to that so that means have to get my body in gear and stop playing on the computer for now.

Yesterday I was surfing and  when Bill and I got married 49 years ago. Bill got called  in to the army reserve and he had to serve in Petersburg for eleven months so after being married seven weeks we moved to Petersburg Virginia. I think it was the most depressing time in our lives. I always remembered the address where we lived we lived on the second floor with two other couples. who were also in the army.

 We had three rooms and bath room the couple from Georgia lived in the two rooms in the back and another couple from Galesburg Illinois we became friends coming from the same state, they lived across the hall. They had two rooms in the front left side.  Dale and Altareta cant remember there last name and we never seen  them again after we came back from Virginia. We did send letters in the beginning but that stopped don't know why. I never did talk to the couple in the back don't know why I guess I was very unhappy then and just didn't care.
Above is a picture of the house where we lived so sad to see how bad it looks. I don't remember it looking that bad as a matter of fact it was a really cute town.
 Tobacco filled the air at all times.
Big tobacco plants in the area. Way back then.

More Photos



It looks like there rehabing the old southern house new windows and siding they covered up one in the front and a side  window.
It  looks from other pictures of the area new sidwalks and curbs.
 That house was over 100 years old when we lived there for 11 months and that was 49 years ago.
The hole area looks very run down.
And very poor.

Thanks Robbie for the great visit we really enjoyed your stopping by
And the fantastic plants love them.

 Brent and Julie  thanks for stopping by the tomato store we are so happy to be giving bags of tomatoes away. :)
 Thanks Brent for dropping a bag of tomatoes off at Cindys we  hope they enjoy them.

Thanks for looking.














1 comment:

  1. I had so much fun just being with you and Uncle Bill - restored my energy tank - Wayne and I each had a tomato for dinner and notified Dad he has a batch coming from you tomorrow -he's delighted! Next time we'll both stop by and see the Bears in action. Give a hug to Sally and Abbie for me. ps - the burger was soooo good - I could still taste it :) xo

    ReplyDelete