enjoy!

enjoy!

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Here is my new favorite brownie recipe.

What Up With Me.
We have been going thru old photos for a couple of days and we still have more but they are more up to date not the old old ones. its crazy our family photos from my Mom were divided up between the sisters and bro so their wasent much left of them only a few I had  and our little box of my mother in laws I tried to share as many as I could she didnt have all that many that any one today would even know, and I really searched for a few of her secound husband Hughie and the good one we did find was a polaroid and we couldent copy it, it looked really bad so I feel really bad about that because he was a great guy and we all really liked him. I dont know why she didnt have photos of him they were married for a long time at least 25 years, maby they just didnt take any at that time. Oh well that's the way it goes. I also made communion bread today 4 loaves my turn is coming up in March and I want to get ahead and have it done at least get started I will freeze it and dont have to worry its always a mess making bread its easy to do I am not  used to doing it. as a matter of fact I dont like to cook period. I get to stressed Bill does it all so I kind of got out of the habbit. Just like driving the car he wants to drive every where and when I do drive you can tell LOL I made a new Header for my blogg and like a brain dead I didnt save the old one and lost it when I deleted it, the folder it was in dissapeared from my PSP I was having trouble with it and it deleted. I hate when that happens it happenes to me every once in a while I think my PSP is corrupt I have to re in stall it but keep putting it off.  I spent a lot of time creating the last header dang!!!.I made Chocolate Mint Brownies yesterday Cindy and the girls came over and they loved them so here is the recipe I promised to post the other day. The one I posted the other day is not the one I made, this one is the one I made instead.
Almost forgot to mention Look what I took a picture of today a Red Tail Hawk looking for Lunch. the shot is kind of blurry so guess what Bill went out and bought me a wonderful new Nikon Camera with an amazing  lens!! so cool.
This picture is with the old camera.
Isnt he amazing taken from in side the house.


Mint Brownies

Prep Time: 20 minutes

Cook Time: 25 minutes

Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter

1/2 cup brown sugar

1 Tbsp. Water

1/4 cup fudge ice cream topping

1/2 cup sugar

2 eggs

3/4 cup flour

1/2 tsp. Baking powder

1/4 tsp. Salt

1/2 cup cocoa

1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

1 tub vanilla ready to spread frosting

1/2 tsp. Peppermint extract

Few drops green food coloring

1 cup powdered sugar

2 Tbsp. Cocoa

1-1/2 Tbsp. Water

2 Tbsp. Butter

1/2 tsp. Vanilla

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In heavy saucepan, melt butter with brown sugar and water. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, and boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and blend in fudge topping with wire whisk. Add sugar, beating well. Then add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.

Add flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa and mix well. Stir in 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips. Spray bottom of 9x9" square cake pan with baking spray containing flour. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until just set. Cool completely.
In small bowl combine frosting, green food coloring, and mint extract and beat well until frosting is evenly colored. Spread over brownies in pan.
In medium bowl, combine powdered sugar and cocoa and mix with wire whisk. In microwave safe bowl, combine 2 Tbsp. Butter and 1-1/2 Tbsp. Water and microwave for 30-45 seconds until butter melts. Add to powdered sugar mixture and beat with wire whisk until smooth. Stir in vanilla. You may need to add more water to reach a pouring consistency. Then carefully pour this frosting over the green frosting and gently spread to cover. Don't worry if some of the chocolate frosting mixes with the green frosting; that just looks pretty! Yields 16 brownies.









No comments:

Post a Comment