enjoy!

enjoy!

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Cant stop Decorating * Jessica's Fruit Conserve

Got the Holiday spirit for sure today.
I put out my Nativity scene early this morning.
 I haven't had it out for a few years I'm always switching every year.
You cant see here but its really beautiful in person.
This set is very special to me our brother in law Danny made all of the family's back in the 60s one.
We treasure all the work he put into it all made of tiny twigs he cut and nailed it together. 
 I bought the figurines and hand painted them to go with the manger back some time in the 60s so to me this is a very special Nativity set. 

We are having our first snow for the season. I took a couple of photos last night Its been snowing all day today but not accumulating all that much just lightly covering the ground but it does help to get you into the mood.




Sally and Abbie laying in the window a favorite spot watching the snow come down
Or are they watching for the birds flying around..
Theirs a lot more now this was taken early in the morning.
 Today I also went out with Cindy for lunch and finished up the shopping
We also did some computer shopping that's really Cool..

Here is another recipe of Jessica's shared by her Mother our Niece Sue.
Thanks Sue for sharing these holiday recipes with me.


CRANBERRY FRUIT CONSERVE:
Jessica
 

1 bag cranberries,

1C water,

1 3/4 C sugar,

Zest of 1 lemon,

Zest of 1 orange,

1 granny smith apple finely chopped.

Rinse cranberries and put in pan with water & sugar. Cook for 5 minutes.

Add the juice from the lemon & orange to the zest and the diced grn. Apple...

.add this to the pan and continue to cook for 15 minutes, stirring often.

Let cool and refrigerate.

Delicious!


5 comments:

  1. all your decs are lovely - we both displayed our nativity sets today - like minds LOL - the pups are adorable butt to butt - see you soon xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I noticed! I dont know why I havent had it out for years no real reason. Of course the Angel that hangs on the manger broke again today moving things around, hope Bill can glue it again LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember when Dan made those sets - try Gorilla super glue - it works brilliantly for relic repairs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are its on the kitchen counter warming up :) it was in the garage and you know how cold its been lately.Hate Cold... Uncle Bill brought it in so that's a good sign LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. is that a lambskin blanket the pups are perched on? mama mia!

    ReplyDelete