enjoy!

enjoy!

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Thanks for the prayers & White Velvet Cutout Cookies


A little something I  created  in  Paint Shop Pro yesterday!
The window is in my dining room and I made a creation out of the picture of it.
I think it turned out pretty.

My Sister had surgery  Thursday and had a very bad day yesterday.
 today she is much better.
Thank you to all our special friends and relatives who were praying for her.

The Kids across the street made a snow man yesterday
I thought it was cute and wanted to share with you.

Here is a view of our lamp post surrounded by snow

Here is a picture of our drive way this morning befor I put salt on it to melt the solid ice.
Joe plowed the snow and after the moisture turned to Ice.
Super dangerous to walk on especially for me Im terrified to walk on Ice.
Here is another one of my creation I made from years back probably in the 60s
 not sure of the exact year but I love it and I put it out every year not always under the tree some years on the mantel depends on the mood of the year.
Aletha and I inharated the creating gene from our Mother
She was always making things.

Recipe Share for today!
This recipe I love they are delicious
 I have been making them for many years every Christmas.

White Velvet Cutout Cookies
 Ingredients


1 cup butter

1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese

1 cup white sugar

1 egg yolk

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

1.Cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the egg yolk and the vanilla. Stir in the flour. Gather the dough into a ball and chill overnight.

2.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

3.On a lightly floured board, roll dough out to a thickness of 3/16 inch. Cut into desired shapes and place onto an ungreased baking sheet.

4.Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Let cool. Leave the cookies plain or decorate with your favorite icing.

BUTTER CREAM FROSTING:

3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, divided

3 tablespoons butter, softened

1 tablespoon shortening

1/2 teaspoon Spice Island® Pure Vanilla Extract

3 to 4 tablespoons milk, divided

Red and/or green food coloring, optional

Directions

In a bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add sugar, egg yolks and vanilla; mix well. Gradually add flour. Cover and chill 2 hours or until firm.

Roll out on a floured surface to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut into 3-in. shapes; place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set (not browned). Cool 5 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool.

For frosting, combine 1-1/2 cups sugar, butter, shortening, vanilla and 3 tablespoons milk in a bowl; beat until smooth. Gradually add remaining sugar; beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add enough remaining milk and food coloring until frosting reaches desired consistency. Frost cookies. Yield: about 7 dozen.



2 comments: