enjoy!

enjoy!

Monday, December 20, 2010

Ginger Pancakes and Ornaments from My Child Hood.

 Its the Mid West in Winter
 Tomorrow is the first day of Winter but if you ask us in the Mid West it came early..
I have a lot of grocery shopping to do today getting stocked up for Christmas, so this one will be short.. I think LOL 
I took a couple of pictures of Christmas ornaments from my Child Hood.
 I thought my sisters and brother would enjoy seeing them.










I guess that's where my love of blue ornaments comes from.
My beautiful Christmases of my child hood.

We made Ice Cream Kolaches from the dough Robbie brought over .
They were almost all eaten by Steve, Liz, Bill and Myself right out of the oven.
I barely got to dust them with powdered sugar.
Thanks Rob their wonderful..
This is whats left..


Yesterday Morning Steve and Liz came by to visit their Grand Father.
 Liz had not seen him since he got out of the hospital.
 We made or I should say Steve made Ginger Pancakes.
They were AWUSOME A Must Try Recipe.
Ginger Pancakes




Ingredients

2 cups biscuit/baking mix

1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon ground cloves

1 egg

1 1/2 cups milk

Directions

1.In a bowl, combine biscuit mix, ginger, cinnamon and cloves. In a small bowl, whisk egg, milk until blended; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown. Keep warm.

2.For syrup, melt the butter in a small saucepan. Stir in the sugar, water, egg yolk and lemon juice. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Serve warm with pancakes.
We used regular store bought syrup.

Have a Wonderful Day
Gotta Get My Body In Work Mode.
 
Thanks For Looking
 

4 comments:

  1. Your tree is amazing and the skirt matches the blue ornaments perfectly. Steve is a wonderful grandson - all your great and grandchildren are beautiful. You are blessed. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful blog again - so special to share part of your life and your home. Thank you for sharing.
    Love and hugs, Linda - enjoy your white Christmas - we are expecting a hot day - almost 100 degrees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the nice compliments Ladies! YES we are lucky Steve is our very favorite Grandson.. He is always willing to do what ever it takes to help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Diane love the blog love the ornaments you have and you will have to get Robbie to share her recipe and I will try the pancakes when I can get out to the store.

    ReplyDelete