enjoy!

enjoy!

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Cold again today & Megans Greek Potatoes

Cold this morning!!

That's Mrs Cardinal eating corn the squirrels dropped.
She isn't as colorful as Mr Cardinal.
 Im sure he is watching her 
They are always together. Watching out for one another at all times.
Nature can be a beautiful thing I am finding out in my Golden years.

 We knew the cold would be here but I cant say I like it..
Oh sure the snow is still here
 YES
 Its always a happy time when its coming down.
 It looks so pretty so clean and white.
BUT
We also know it put us into a deep cold.
YUCK!
I especially feel sorry for our dogs that have to venture out in it.
I stand right by the door or window and watch for them.
To bring them right in.
 Especially Sally she has a very hard time with the extreme cold.

That's a photo of the  two cookies I posted last week.
 Yes I did actually make them.
Im not granting they are going to last to long.
 I love them they are soooo good.
I didn't put the frosting on the white velvet this time and didn't do the cut out.
I  rolled them in Sanding sugar flattened them slightly with a fork. 
  topped them off with green sugar sprinkles.
They are just fine with out the frosting..


Isn't this pretty I made it with a snowflake ornament hanging on my deck.
I made it into a simple creation, sometimes simple is pretty.

I found this link on a post and wanted to share I hope you like it.
I thought it was pretty..




Megan's Greek Potatoes
Recipe Share


Greek Potatoes:
8 potatoes, quartered.
1 cup water
1/2 cup olive oil
 juice of one lemon
4 cloves garlic minced,
 1 tbsp oregano
 sea salt to taste fresh ground pepper to taste

 Put all ingredients in a 9x13 pan, toss lightly to coat potatoes. Cook at 420 degrees for 1 & 1/2 hours. Flip halfway through. Now, for my alterations: I will alter the amount of potatoes, based on how many I'm feeding. Tonight I only used 5 potatoes. I'll keep the pan size and the amount of all other ingredients the same though. I use my garlic press to crush the garlic instead of mincing it, but I'm sure it tastes good either way. When I say quartered, I cut them in half lengthwise then cut the halves in half, so I have large potato wedges.
 They are
SUPER YUMMY.

I better close
 Im making another batch of cookies this time its
 Brittney's Amazing Mint Brownies
 I am serving the desserts at our Ladies Circle tomorrow.
 I hope I have something left..

2 comments:

  1. this potato recipe sounds great - does megan still keep up her blog? those cookies look lonely but yummy - good catch on mrs. cardie - cute - have a great weekend - see you soon xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Megan hasn't had time to keep up with her Blogg with working and keeping Julie into activities after school as part of her therapy.

    ReplyDelete