enjoy!

enjoy!

Thursday, December 2, 2010

One Crazy Week, Almond Cookies

Whow what a week!!
We took the dogs to the groomers for their winter hair cut
 they usually go every three months if I can stand to wait that long.
That's Sally with her afghan she loves to cuddle on it
Now you have to admit their adorable..

My Grand daughters husband had surgery Tuesday he got out today.
My Sister had surgery today hope fully she will be going home Saturday if all goes well.
They  both had their surgeries  in the same hospital.
 I cant believe and neither one lives close to the hospital they are in.
To top it off we had our first snow for the season this week and more accumulation expected Saturday.
Oh Joy!!
That's about as exciting as it gets around here lately
 not much going on when it cold out side.
We do have our book club Christmas dinner to go to Saturday and I hope I'm well enough to go and also go help with the Christmas tree decorating at Church Saturday.
Im getting a cold sure hope its not a knock out one where you are so sick you cant do anything..
Im crossing my fingers.


I took a couple close ups of my Nativity scene I love it its really special to me.

Isn't the manger amazing Danny did a fantastic job building all of them
 they were all beautiful.


I spent a lot of time painting those figures and I am sure proud of them.
It was a labor of love way back then..


My Sister had hip replacement surgery today.
 I know she is going to be fine she is a survivor a tough Lady who has been through a lot and she always comes thruough with her infectious laugh she amazes me..

She just called me a couple hours out of surgery.
The phone rings and its her I was shocked.
Her husband was their so its not like she was alone.
That's how close we are. Its great.of course we have our fits at each other.
That's what sisters do at least that's what we do.
 I told her don't worry Im here when ever she needs me.
And she knows that.

How do you like my candy canes.
 I just made them tonight one of my favorite things creating..
Aletha is the one to introduce me to computer art.
Its all her fault.

I thought since Christmas is on its way I would post cookies every now and then.
 One because I love them..
This recipe is not mine but Martha Stewarts.

Almond Cookies


To toast almonds, preheat oven to 350 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toast almonds until lightly golden and fragrant, about 6 minutes. Remove from sheet; let cool completely.
Prep: 30 minutes
Total: 45 minutes
Ingredients

Makes 28


1 cup whole blanched almonds, toasted (see note, above)

1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature

3/4 cup sugar

1 large whole egg, plus 1 large egg white

1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest

3/4 teaspoon almond extract (optional)

1 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions


1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees, with racks in upper and lower thirds. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Reserve about 28 almonds (1/4 cup) for garnish. Place remaining almonds in a food processor; pulse just until finely ground (do not overprocess). Set aside.

2.With an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add whole egg, orange zest, and almond extract (if using), scraping down sides of bowl as necessary; beat until smooth. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add dry ingredients to the butter mixture, beating just until incorporated. Mix in ground almonds (do not overmix).

3.Using 1 level tablespoon per cookie, roll dough into balls. Place on prepared sheets, at least 1 inch apart. Using the floured end of a thick wooden spoon handle (or your thumb), press lightly in the center of each cookie. Place an almond in each indentation. In a small bowl, lightly beat egg white with 1 teaspoon water; brush over cookies.

4.Bake, rotating sheets halfway through, until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool slightly; transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Thanks For Looking










2 comments:

  1. can't stop chuckling at your pups - way too cute - beautiful paint job on your nativity set - glad you put it up this year - the best part is your mrs. santa pixel - reminds me of you - have a good day xo

    ReplyDelete