enjoy!

enjoy!

Friday, July 16, 2010




Stay Cool
 Its going to be another hot one for us today 90 plus.

Hope you all have a great weekend I know I will, tomorrow is a graduation party for 3 of my Great Nieces and 1 Great Nephew its always fun to be with the family for these special occasions.
Today I have to go out and hunt down graduation cards for the occasion.
Im going to make this real short I have a lot going on today.
I have an assignment to do by today or she will bounce me out of the group.
I shouldn't have come back from my leave this week it was  bad timing on my part with the new hard drive and all plus shopping HELP.:) but I can do it.

I am still trying to get recipes together from Family and Friends I have some ands thanks but not from everyone Please if you read this send me your two favorites so we can get this ball rolling.

Here is a great one that is a family favorite and of course everyone thinks there's is the best.
But I know mine is

Riley's Famous Fudge

This recipe was passed down from my Uncle Bill Riley
Many many years ago and we love it.
We try to make it to share for Christmas

 Since its Christmas in July


Here is his recipe

Uncle Bill Riley's
Famous Fudge




6-cups sugar

1-1/2 cups milk

1-cup light corn syrup

1-cup cocoa powder

1-stick butter (only use real butter)

1-1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
you can also in place of vanilla use maple flavoring

I sometimes add peanut butter in place of the coco powder

Combine,sugar,milk,corn syrup & cocoa powder in a large pan. Stir well & cook very slowly till it reaches the soft ball stage (240-242 degrees on a candy thermometer). butter a 13"x9" pan and have it ready.

after it has reached the soft ball stage remove from heat and add butter and vanilla. with a heavy duty mixer beat until it gets thick and loses it`s gloss. pour into the prepared pan and let it sit until cool.

cut into squares and enjoy.

Thanks For Looking

Thanks to Chris for reminding me of this great recipe and sharing it with us.








2 comments:

  1. I made you chicken salad yesterday - so yummy -
    is your computer all set now? hope so - click away - see you tomorrow xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes except for a few more things that have to be copied on the other one and put on this one. Glad you liked the salad I absolutely love Dill and cant imagine why we didn't plant it next year for sure.

    ReplyDelete