enjoy!

enjoy!

Monday, October 5, 2009

Recipe Coconut Macadamia Nut Sugar Cookie

Super busy lately! I baked cookies for a benefit for a 20 month old little girl that lost her hand and leg up to her theigh in a horrible accident. she ran out the door in front of the riding mower her mother was riding while cutting the grass. The mother was unable to stop in time. talk about a horiffic accident OMG.. They are members of our church their are 5 children under the age of 8. I cant even imagine how their life will be from now on..The Shriners are unable to help dont ask me why! another member in our church who is a shriner already asked for help for them. they said reaply in January.. Can you emagine the help these poor people will need.. It makes me sick..OK now to get on to some not so depressing news..

The 2 parakeets blue boy and lavender lady are still hanging around! they were flying around yesterday together it was so cute they seemed so happy it was sunny and a pretty mild day,of course they will not survive our winters here. I have tried to catch them.. forget it they are not coropating. I was actually 1 foot away from Blue Boy talking to him he was eating on the bird feeder and he flew 50 miles an hour past me WHOOOSH!!! The past few days I have been cleaning up and trimming some of the outside flowers, bushes and all that fun stuff I do in the fall. I still have more to go. I already have 5 bags out their for the pick up Monday. Yesterday we were at Church and a friend of mine who came a little later and informed me my grand daughter was over trying to cut our grass! she helps out with the grass,(she like the money) Of course we usually help her its a hugh job a lot of trimming and the grass was damp and high this time! because she hasent been able to come here because of the rain lately, school, working and also being in a play she's kind of busy girl... She was finally able to make it Sunday. We rushed home to see why she was having a problem getting the grass cutter started, not suprised its not easy to start Bill usually does it for her any way we jumped in and helped her she had to leave she had to go to work at 12 so we finished up. Then we went back to church to help out with the benefit.The yard front and back always looks so beautiful for the first couple of days after being cut.. Here's the recipe for the cookies I baked so easy and delicious YUMMY:) Like I always said Iam not the perfect speller so excuse any mistakes...:)




Coconut Macadamia Nut Sugar Cookie
1 Pkg of Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
1 Egg
1 stick of butter
1 big handfull of sweetened coconut. I dont measure sorry
1 pkg chopped macadamia nuts
Mix all together and using ice cream scoop or mellon scoop place on cookie sheet bake 375 10 to 12 minutes.

Cookie recipe adapted from Sandra Lee Food Network



1 comment:

  1. that's a lot going on in your world. I am glad you ended your blog with the cookie recipe - they look delicious. xo

    ReplyDelete