enjoy!

enjoy!

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Another New Look _ Paula Deen's Fresh Apple Cake


I'm always changing my look.
 I guess its because I get bored with the old one and need a change.I also like designing and creating so that's a real possibility. 
 I hope you like it.
 It reminds me of a Rainbow Cone as a matter of fact Cindy just told me their is an Ice Cream place  not to far from me that sells them, they just bought out the Ice Cream Parlor that was their. I have to go check them out they are a favorite that goes back to my child hood when our  Mother and Father used to take all of us for a car ride and rainbow cones during the summer it was a really special treat.

  We finally had a  nice rain today, we have been way over do so I took advantage of trimming some high branches because they were weighted down with rain water.  I  got out my old trusty clippers and clipped away for  tomorrows the pick up and I wanted to get it all together.



While I was out their and after the rain stopped, I noticed my clematis had a bloom that had opened. I have been babying this plant ever since I planted it about a month ago when Bill bought it.
 When he brought it home they had a couple of blooms on them but of course  they died off. After all this time another one finally opened up. I planted two different colors together so I'm kind of excited about them.
 of course it dosent take much LOL


I havent shared a recipe for a few days so here is one I hope you will like.
Its not mine but thought it sounded good.

 Paula Deen's Fresh Apple Cake




Source of Recipe

"Paula Deen Celebrates" by Paula Deen

List of Ingredients

---Pan Coating---

3 Tbsp. sugar

1 tsp. ground cinnamon

---Cake---

1 1/2 cups vegetable oil

2 cups sugar

3 large eggs

3 cups chopped, peeled Granny Smith apples (about 3 medium apples)

2 tsp. vanilla extract

2 tsp. ground cinnamon

1/4 tsp. freshly ground nutmeg

3 cups all-purpose flour

1 tsp. baking soda

1/2 tsp. salt

1 cup chopped pecans

1/2 cup raisins or coconut

Recipe

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
Generously grease a 10-inch tube pan.
Combine the sugar and cinnamon and coat the inside of the pan with mixture by shaking the pan all around until the sides and bottom are coated.at the oil and sugar with an electric mixer until well blended.
Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
With a spatula, stir in the apples and vanilla.
Sift together the cinnamon, nutmeg, flour, baking soda and salt. Add the flour mixture to the apple mixture and mix well with a spatula.
Add the pecans and raisins (and/or coconut), The batter will be very thick. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
Lift the pan from the counter and drop it back down to get out all of the air bubbles.
Bake the cake for 1 1/2 - 1 3/4 hours, until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to rest on the countertop for at leaset 30 minutes before turning out onto a cake plate to cool completely.
SERVES 12 .................................
 
 

Hugs From Me

Diane Louise




3 comments:

  1. billy bloomed, now we wait for diane to do the same LOL - your new background is so pretty - very cheerful

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Steve you are funny!! and thanks for liking my Blogg I like it to its a nice change. :)

    Thanks Megan I agree it is a beautiful flower just hope they come back in the spring. I will have to put a blankie on it for the winter LOL Just kidding.

    ReplyDelete