enjoy!

enjoy!

Friday, September 24, 2010

Windy today!!
The sun is in and out and so windy, our big heat wave is gone for the season. We had a fantastic very hot Summer and I thoroughly enjoyed it. All my flowers did amazing of course with a few exceptions my roses took a beating all of them except the knock out roses they held up pretty well.

Pretty isn't it, that's some of my mums behind the Rose.

 All of the rest had a disease all summer but now that its cooler they are getting their last breath.


My Hydrangea it got so tall its up to the window
  this was taken from inside the house.

We added a couple of coach lights on the storage shed 
 I painted the railings on the back deck this week so all in all its been a productive week.

Look at that amazing sky behind the shed
Here's another one of the sky this week.

Last night we went to our monthly book club it is always fun to get together with our Church friends we always enjoy that.
The Guys are out their cutting the grass, is it ever noisy!! all summer we had the windows closed and couldn't hear it but today is a beautiful day in the upper 60s and have them open. I'm thinking of closing them until their gone.. WHOW :)


My White Mums they are so amazing

I thought I would share another great recipe of my Moms
She was the all time Cookie Lover and most of the time she made her own.
These she made ALL the time.

Sour Cream Cookies

1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
2 cups flour
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup butter
1/2 tesp baking soda
1/2 tesp baking powder
1/2 tesp vanilla
1 - egg
1/4 tesp salt
1/2 tesp nutmeg

Lightly grease cookie sheets
Sift together dry ingredients flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg
Cream together butter, vanilla, brown sugar
until light and fluffy
Beat together egg and sour cream
slowly combine all ingredients until all are combined together.
Drop by tesp full on prepares cookie sheet
Place in preheated oven
bake 350 degrees 12 minutes
until lightly browned
remove to wire rack to cool
Enjoy!


4 comments:

  1. oh wow another reicp from mom I am taking this one also. yea. The flowers look wonderful the shed looks cute. I like the lights on there. Gee a glass ball would look really nice over there also what do you think Diane something in dark magenta against that grey????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good maby next year, most of the trinkets thingies will be put away for the winter. But I did add a sun flower to the fence for a while.

    ReplyDelete