enjoy!

enjoy!

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The latest holiday has come and gone.
 Now to get ready for vacation and that will be coming up next cant wait
 WHOOO HOOO!!


We all enjoyed the holiday even though its work before, during and after its always fun to get together.

We had a really bad storm last night of course the dogs were terrified as usual so I didn't get much sleep until it was over especially Abbie she is the worst just cant stop panting and trembling poor dog I wonder why, I will never know she came to us at 4 years old and very neglected. 

This morning I had to do a lot of raking up leaves and twigs I even pulled up as much as I could bird seed that grows around the arbor DANG Birds cant they be a little more careful, 
I know you are interested in that..
 Its exercise although to look at me you would never guess all the physical work I do LOL.
 Im taking a break from washing the floors and vacuuming I sit at the computer in between just to catch my breath.
 I know a lot of you probably do the same.

Tomorrow I am going to go look for a new bathing suit mine is old,. I mean really old  it fit sort of last year but afraid to try it on this year, so I will look for a new one. Just in case we go to the pool on Rivals.

I was checking a Blog I belong to and they had a recipe for Italian Giardiniera I remember I learned how to make it from my Sister Dorothy who always made it for her family. I used to go over to her house and we would make it together in the beginning and I continued to make it at home for years after.
 Its been a while and when I seen the recipe being posted I thought why not share Dorothy's family recipe.
Now we buy a famous brand and enjoy it we eat it on almost everything especially Italian type meals. 



Here is the recipe
  I don't measure just cut and chop up how ever much I want.
 of course the Hot finger peppers are the main ingredient.

Dorothy's  Italian Giardiniera

Hot Finger Peppers
several pounds washed and chopped

 Celery chopped fine

 Garlic a few cloves finely chopped

Capers 2 to 3 tablespoons
 more if desired there very salty

1 jar of green olives drained and chopped

Good Quality Olive Oil

Dont forget the rubber gloves when working with peppers.
Keep the hands away from your face.

Combine all vegetables together in large bowl or crock if you have one handy.
Cover with Olive Oil cover with plate to weigh down over night.
Place in sterilized jars store on shelf or in refrigerator. the oil is a preservative no need to worry. We didnt eat it up that fast because we alweays made a lot so  I always kept it in the refrigerator because oil will get rancid. after time.
Enjoy!


This is a gift from a friend

Enjoy Your Day
What is left of it.

2 comments:

  1. I used to make this a long, long time ago and forgot - thanks for triggering my memory - will make this - the photo is so pretty - LOL - I, too, take my breaks by clicking :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Thanks! we are all alike in one way or another..

    ReplyDelete