enjoy!

enjoy!

Friday, June 25, 2010

Another Beautiful Day



I just came in from watering plants and pots and propping up my Russian Sage its getting ready to go into full bloom. I brought it with me when we moved here 7 years ago. I didn't see it any where now its all over the area everyone has it. I cant blame them it is beautiful even tho they copied off me LOL Just kidding about the copy. I have been out there for hours and its pretty hot out the temp says 85 it feels more like 95. I did come in now and then to take a break I'm old and cant stand the heat all that much. OK enough complaining. :)


This morning Bill and I made Egg Salad  for lunch its a favorite summer time treat I don't make it often it takes two of us to make it. LOL I made the bacon in the oven my favorite place to make bacon. Cover a cookie sheet or jelly roll pan that has a lip with foil. line up bacon on pan and bake 400 for about 15 to 20 min until crisp, drain on paper towel. 
After the eggs were boiled and let set for 15 minutes Bill pealed them we share cooking duties now and then. OK here is the recipe I got the idea from Cindy. Or maybe she got it from me.
 HUMMM

Diane's Summer Time Egg Salad


6 to 8 hard cooked eggs
5 to 6 slices crispy bacon
fresh chives  desired amount
Good Quality Mayonnaise like Hellman's
 enough to coat to your desired consistency.
1 tsp Frenches honey mustard
salt, pepper to taste

Combine all above leave kind of chunky.
Serve on desired toast I used rye because that's what I like.,
 with or with out lettuce
enjoy its summer time.


Hugs From Me


Diane Louise

1 comment:

  1. I have been propping our plants here and at my dad's and this really makes a difference - thanks for the tip - your garden is growing so beautifully: this sandwich looks so yummy - drooling right now - tfs - take it easy in this heat - love and hugs xo

    ReplyDelete