enjoy!

enjoy!

Thursday, June 24, 2010


Hot again today 90.


 We went out for lunch today at one of our favorite places Fuddruckers. Its a burger place and we like it. I'm not crazy about the area but we cant always like everything.

Tonight were going out to dinner with friends to a local Mexican Restaurant it will be fun it always is.
 Early this morning I got my hair done she lightened it a little so we shall see after a few washings and the sun bleaches it how light it will be. I also bought a new 32 in TV for my up and coming birthday present for the kitchen. Love it and I deserve it. Its not often you turn 70 and are married 49 years. so that's my story and I'm sticking to it. LOL

 Yesterday Cindy, Britt and Julie came over, Megan came after work Brent stopped by on his way home from work so we had a great visit. Bill and I made dinner we fried Ham and we  fried potatoes  we also had creamed corn it was delicious Cindy and the girls jumped in and helped so much fun and Julie made a necklace from a kit they bought her from Hobby Lobby. she made it for her Mom. I know Megan wore it to work today. :)


Here is another recipe I promised to be eaten with the pulled pork its amazing.



Making the Cole Slaw

The Dressing for the Cole Slaw

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups White Vinegar

1 cup Cider Vinegar

1 1/2 cup Sugar

6 Tbsps. Dry Yellow Mustard Powder

2 Tbsps. Celery Salt

2 tsps. Ground White Pepper

Instructions:

Place all ingredients into stainless steel saucepan. Bring to a boil mixing well. Turn off fire and let cool


Cole Slaw Mix

Ingredients:

3 heads White Cabbage (sliced thin)

8 ozs. Green Pepper (julienne)

8 ozs. Red Pepper (julienne)

8 ozs. Red Onion (thin slice)

12 ozs. Carrots (julienne)

1 cup Peanut Oil

2 tsps. Celery Salt

2 1/2 cups Cole Slaw Dressing (recipe above)

Instructions:

Toss all ingredients together. Let stand one hour and serve.



Thank's For Looking
Hugs From Me

Diane Louise

2 comments:

  1. you do not look even close to 70 - wow - when will you find time to watch TV in your kitchen? LOL good for you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Robbie I like that :) I have those lucky genes from my Mom. We watch tv a lot in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete