enjoy!

enjoy!

Saturday, June 26, 2010



I thought this would help to cool you off
Its a picture my brother sent in during the winter when he made a trip up to the mountains.

Did It Help


Nothing exciting happening today!
 If you call dusting exciting will then you are thinking I had  an exciting day.
Megan did make a pit stop to let Julie and Julies  cousin Jason use the bathroom on the way to Family Days she called me to see if I wanted to go but I had this project I wanted to finish and anyway its hot today, high of 92 and I am not crazy about family days to many people walking around for me at least at my age.  I graduated from that I have been to so many of those over the years I'm know what there all like.

 Right after Megan left then Cindy stopped to make her pit stop ..I think she was going to try to catch up with Megan she felt sorry for her with the two little kids and they were bouncing off the wall when they came in, thanks but NO thanks :).
Sorry Megan don't get mad I love you all but I had to get my project done.

One wonderful thing about living out here everyone just comes by all the time.
Yesterday it was Cindy, Brittney then Steve stopped We all had dinner together Italian Sausage on the grill Bill made his famous macaroni salad and we had our first corn on the cob for this year it was so good cant describe how good it tasted.

 I added another photo share this one is of the flowers and plants this summer. 
 I take them I might as well share them.

I'm trying to think of a recipe share for today and Bill is going to make Chicken on the grill and my neighbor gave me peach jam and we wanted to use it up so he is going to use it as a glaze sounds good to me.
I am in charge of there house they are on vacation. I don't go in although I have a key I usually walk around it to make sure everything looks in order. I did water there pots the other day because even if it rains the pots just don't seem to get it.

Here is a great sounding recipe

Grilled Chicken Breasts with Spicy Peach Glaze
Recipe courtesy Bobby Flay


Ingredients


Spicy Peach Glaze:

2 cups peach preserves or jam

1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic

3 tablespoons olive oil

2 tablespoons soy sauce

1 tablespoon Dijon mustard

1 small jalapeno, finely chopped

Salt and freshly ground pepper

8 Frenched" chicken breasts

4 ripe peaches, cut in half and pitted

Directions

Combine Spicy Peach Glaze ingredients in a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste. Reserve 1/2 cup.



Preheat grill. Brush the chicken with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Place skin-side down and cook for 6 to 7 minutes, until golden brown. Turn over and continue cooking for 5 to 6 minutes. Brush both sides with the peach glaze and continue cooking an additional 4 to 5 minutes.



Place peach halves, cut side down on the grill and grill for 2 minutes. Turn over and brush with the reserved 1/2 cup of peach glaze, grill for 3 to 4 more minutes until peaches are soft.







Thanks For Looking Enjoy Your Day

Hugs From Me
Diane Louise


1 comment: