enjoy!

enjoy!

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Butter Cake!!






Its Raining here this morning!
I haven't posted for a few days its not that I haven't been on the computer, I have.
I have been making a page of our families walk for Madd our Great Nephew Kevin was killed by a drunk driver in December and the family had a WALK in his honor this past weekend. Today would have been his 20Th birthday.
Happy Birthday Kevin
You are missed but never forgotten.
Bless  All the Families who have lost a dear beloved one.
My heart goes out to you all.

Especially to my Sister who lost her son David.
 My husbands only God Child
It was a thrill and honor for Bill to be asked.
  We will always cherish that wonderful memory.

On a lighter note
I have to make a cake today and I better get working on it Im making a Butter Cake my Grand Daughter made for Memorial Day, it was amazing and I have to have one for tomorrow my turn to serve in our circle at church.

Here is the Recipe Megan shared with me. 



Butter Cake

12 servings
Ingredients

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon salt

2 teaspoons baking powder

1/2 cup butter

1 cup white sugar

2 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

3/4 cup milk

Directions

1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease one 8 inch square baking pan. Line bottom with wax paper or dust lightly with flour.

2.Sift together the flour, salt, and baking powder.

3.Cream the butter and blend in the white sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Beat until light and fluffy. Add the sifted dry ingredients to the creamed mixture alternately with the milk. Stir until just blended. Pour batter into prepared pan.

4.Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 50 to 55 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Remove from pan and allow it to cool.

5.Variation: Blueberry Cake; Add 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg to your dry ingredients and stir in 1 cup fresh blueberries into the batter before you bake it. Cut it into squares while it is still hot.
 

Special Butter cream Frosting
Ingredients


2 cups shortening

8 cups confectioners' sugar

1/2 teaspoon salt

2 teaspoons clear imitation vanilla extract

6 fluid ounces heavy cream

Directions

1.Cream shortening until fluffy. Add confectioner's sugar and continue creaming until well blended.

2.Add salt, vanilla, and whipping cream blend on low speed until moistened. Add additional whipping cream if necessary (up to 2 ounces). Beat at high speed until frosting is fluffy.
 
 
Caramel Frosting I
Ingredients


2 tablespoons butter

3 tablespoons milk

1/2 cup packed brown sugar

1 cup confectioners' sugar

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

1.In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter, and mix in 3 tablespoons milk and brown sugar. Boil vigorously for 1 minute.

2.Remove from heat, and beat in 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar. Cool slightly, and beat in the vanilla and remaining 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar. Add more milk if the mixture is too thick.
 
 
 
All Recipes from
 
Enjoy
Thanks for looking
 
 
Diane Louise











3 comments:

  1. I followed your other frosting recipe and for the first time in my life my frosting came out just right - I'll try these and see if I can do it again. Thanks. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me to!! I will try it today LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it was a sad time at the MADD walk but also a good time in remembering those that are gone from this earth but always in our heart and mines. Good recipe when I get this weight off I will make it.

    ReplyDelete