enjoy!

enjoy!

Saturday, April 30, 2011

 I'm going to be lazy today when it comes to Blogging.
 I  want to move on away from my Happy Easter post since its now long gone.
 Mothers Day will be upon us next weekend, as a matter of fact. For those who never met my Mother she was a sweet lady and I do miss her especially at Mothers Day. I always tried to be the best daughter possible and always tried to protect her and wanted her to have a great life and I think I succeeded. I know I succeeded..
 I thought this was pretty a crisp sunny early morning one day this week.

 This past week was really a busy week, almost to the point of crazy, at least in my mind. I planted flowers and tomato plants, I'm not through yet but almost!!.I only planted three tomato plants so far not our usual 24 plants this year.  I am always re designing my gardens, an obsession with me, its fun to see how it all turns out at the peak of the season. I split and planted a few perennials and bought a few annuals for pots. I have them here and their around the front and back areas. I also planted geraniums in the ground in the back garden for a peak of color along with my many rose plants that are peaking out of the ground.
So far all of them survived the long cold hard winter.


Our Maple tree finally blooming

Thursday evening we had our once a month book club at my house, we take turns.
 This time I did it all by my self Bill isn't home yet next weekend he will be back home, Im looking forward to that. I hope everyone enjoyed book club  I know I did. Of course its a little work when its at your house but worth it! just getting together with some pretty amazing people. I love our visits.
Yesterday I had planned a visit with one of my sisters and two nieces but had to cancel, the nursing home called me and Bill had to go for an infusion yesterday.  their usual driver Roger wasn't able to take him.  I had to drive the 30 miles out there pick him up and bring him to the hospital another 25 back than go home 5 miles from the hospital, he was there 7 hours. I went back after 5 hours and waited with him, he was in a room by his self. When he was through I took him back to the nursing home.   I was exhausted after all that, plus all that  I had been doing all week long planting getting ready for book club, cooking, shopping, laundry,cleaning, taking care of the dogs and going out to visit Bill almost daily.. thank god its over for this past week..
  I also found out I was scheduled to serve at Church this Sunday but switched with another friend, Thank you Lea for switching.
We have a baby shower to go to  up north and its special, I didnt want to miss out on that. The girls and I are going to be heading north Sunday for the shower.  
Here are a few photos of some of my plants below.







 

 

We'll watch them grow it will be fun.

 

I even gave one of my bird houses a fresh coat of paint.


 
Until Next Time have a great week Be Safe and Be Happy.


4 comments:

  1. Diane, what beautiful photos! Your blog is so pretty.
    I know how you feel about your Mom. My Mom passed on at the young age of 65. That was 17 years ago, and I still miss her...I always will. Mother's Day will never be the same for me.
    I've enjoyed my visit very much~~~

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice blog Diane and the flowers look so nice I am happy that Bill will finally be home soon that is good since he went thru so much and it effect everyone in the family so that is great and good news

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane you are sure a busy lady - be sure not to overdo things and to take care of yourself.

    Your garden is looking lovely and I hope you enjoy your Baby Shower on Sunday - they can be such fun times.

    Love and hugs,
    Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  4. everything is so pretty down in bourbonnais and all will be beautiful when uncle bill arrives home - life is good! relax and have fun at the shower tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete