enjoy!

enjoy!

Monday, April 18, 2011





Congratulations Rob you were my 13.000 visitor!

 Who would have thought I would be blogging that long, enough to even get that many views.
 Thanks for being a loyal viewer it means so much to me. I have enjoyed Blogging but find it harder to do on a day to day basis. So I will at least try to get one to two days in a week hopefully more when the nicer weather is gone not that I'm complaining. I waited all winter for weather that I could actually go out and enjoy.

I can see this morning is going to be a challenge trying to get my morning work done the dogs keep wanting to go out right and chase birds. Right when Im in the middle of crawling around on the floor trying to wash it.. I can see its going to be one of those days.

 Floors washed everything caught up now its me time.
 I made a cake today and it turned out delicious.
 I am having our book club next week and was doing a test. yep its a keeper.
 I cant believe how GOOD it turned out..

Bills doing pretty good lately,
they are walking with him with the walker all over the building. what an awesome achievement.
Im so happy he finally got to that point in his recovery.
We sure do enjoy skype and talk on it every day, all day off and on. its amazing what a great invention. the nursing staff are so amazed over it.


How about that improvement..


My Neighbors Magnolia Tree.
Pretty isnt it..

Pastor Tom from our Church went to visit Bill today.
 Thanks Pastor for taking the time to stop and say hello to Bill
 of course we said a few words to him as well on Skype..

Our Son in Law is building a low ramp so we can wheel Bill into the house on Thursday
 for a visit after his Doctor appointment.
 It will be the first time he has been back here since December 28Th.
After a short visit than back to the Nursing home, he has another month to go befor being released.



Apricot Glazed Yellow Cake



1 Box Duncan Heinz Yellow Cake Mix
3 eggs
1 stick softened butter
2/3 cup orange juice
1 can solo apricot filling
1 cup brown sugar

Mix well pour into prepared pan

 I used a large iron skillet that I sprayed with Pam
I spread the apricot filling over the bottom of the pan
Than sprinkled the brown sugar over last adding the cake batter.
shaking pan to even out the batter.
Bake in preheated 375 degrees over 30 to 35 minutes
 turn out onto serving dish after slightly cooled.
ENJOY!

That's all for this time.



2 comments:

  1. Diane - it is always a delight to share your journey with you - glad that Bill is able to come home for a visit - I know that will mean a lot to him.

    Your cake looks wonderful. Thank you for sharing the recipe with us.

    Love and hugs and have a Blessed Easter.

    Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to here that and I will bring the walker over on Wednesday for Bill

    ReplyDelete