enjoy!

enjoy!

Friday, January 28, 2011

More Snow YIKES!! PeanutButter Coconut Cookies.

More snow can you believe:

 What a couple of crazy weeks it has been.
We are lucky so far nothing like the East Coast so glad about that..
All though I do feel sorry for them they are really getting dumped on, but then again that's how it is every year.
We will still get a big one its not over yet..
I just came in from clearing off the back deck third time today. Ill feel it tomorrow my arthritis in my hips will punish me for doing that. But Im used to being active so I try to do as much as I can. It wasn't all that deep. I just trying to keep up with it so it wouldn't be so hard to handle.
I took a few pictures today.


Mrs Cardinal


Mr Hawk

 I took a break from visiting Bill because of the snow he didn't want to worry about me driving all the way up their. And he has been down really sick for the past few days their always taking him for x rays.
Its scary..
Please keep him in your prayers he sure can use them.
I just took a break and was going to do the front steps and porch
  Our next door neighbor had already done it.
They were just finishing it up.
Joe who usually does it missed a few bucks this time around.
Im going to miss them they have been the best neighbors their house is for sale.
 As a matter of fact they all have been just so so nice.
All those years we shoveled snow for the neighbors in Chicago.
Always being a good neighbor is paying off.
Of course wrong neighborhood!
 We move out here and the people cant do enough.
What a difference
 Not that the neighbors were not caring in Chicago they were,
Out here they really care in a different way..
They are so giving, Its really beautiful.

I haven't shared a recipe for a while, I made these this week.
Steve who is staying with me while Bill is in the hospital doesn't eat chocolate.
  I made cookies with out chocolate so he could have one.


Peanut Butter
Coconut Pecan Cookies




2 1/2 cups Flour
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup chopped toasted pecans
1 cup flaked coconut
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1 egg
1 stick softened butter

Cream together butter, peanut butter, brown and granulated sugars 1 egg
slowly add flour and baking soda mix well.
Fold in coconut and toasted pecans.
NOTE
I toasted the pecans and then added the coconut to toast along with the pecans ever so slightly.
Drop on greased cookie sheet using a Mellon ball scoop so that they are even.
Bake 350 12 minutes
let cookies set a while after taking out of oven
 remove to wire rack to cool.



3 comments:

  1. Nice pictures of the birds and yes it is bad for the east coast. recipe sounds good. prayers are being said for Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. your pics and layout are so pretty - we are fervently praying for Uncle Bill and your family - keep the faith and stay strong - lots of love coming your way xo

    ReplyDelete