enjoy!

enjoy!

Monday, January 10, 2011

Happy Monday!



Its winter in my home town  we are just hanging in their until its over.  I don't enjoy it all that much but try to make the best of it. The decorations are all down and packed away for another year. Now its time to clean up my computer. All the things I save and do over the year need to be cleared if I dont really need them. I try to do that but dont always finish..  
We had a great Christmas and New Year with family and friends we had a great weekend our family came over to visit and we went to Church yesterday and visited with friends by going out to breakfast with them always an enjoyable time..
we sure have been lucky.
I also changed my Blog back ground Im always changing it and every time I just love the newest one until the next time. :)
I also made a great collage in my facebook which I thought was pretty cool.

I know Im big into pictures.
I hope you enjoy them as much as I do..



 I also added two new recipe links that I really like to my blog.
Their above and to the right check them out.
 I will probably add more because for some one who hardly ever cooks I have a lot of them..
I enjoy looking at them if anything.



Doing a test..
This year Im doing the cutting method and then placing in water.
Other years  I let the root dry out removed all the dirt trimmed it up very well top and bottom and re potted in soil that worked..
 This winter Im going to try the cutting method and then put in water to see if that works.
Geraniums are one the easiest plants to root from cuttings. If you leave yours in water, you will see tiny roots emerging before you know it. You can also root stem cuttings in a soil-less potting medium. To do this, remove a stem cutting about 3 or 4 leaf joints from the tip. Make sure you remove any potential flower heads so the cuttings direct all of their energy into roots. Remove the bottom leaves and insert the cutting into a growing medium (about 40% perlite and 60% soil-less mix or 50% peat and 50% sand). Keep the growing medium light and airy so the new roots have plenty of room to grow. Geraniums usually take to rooting just fine without dipping the cuttings into a rooting hormone, but if you prefer, dip each stem into a rooting hormone before inserting them into the growing medium. Water the new cuttings and then make a greenhouse for them by covering the pot with a plastic bag. Place the pot in a location where the temperature stays warm throughout the day and doesn't drop down too far at night. After 10 to 20 days, the cuttings should start forming roots. Pinch back the stems as they grow to encourage side shoots.

Here are a couple of geraniums I have in the garage for the winter they dont look pretty but they did and I know they will pick up in spring when I can plant them out side.





I know I can go buy them for a small amount
 It gives me something to watch grow for the winter.
Keeps me out of trouble.



1 comment:

  1. Oh I am going to try that with the flowers and I will check out the recipe links since I am home all the time now.

    ReplyDelete