enjoy!

enjoy!

Friday, December 7, 2012

Visiting the old neighborhood _ Blazin’ Hot Bacon Dip and

WOW!! 
What a week. 
To Start off we went to the OLD neighborhood in Chicago its always a trip down memory lane and a reminder how lucky we have been to live in both worlds..The Big City and A Rural Community.. They both have so much excitement and great memories I cant say I hated either. We have always been blessed to have wonderful friends and neighbors in both. Of course my motto is, you have to be a good neighbor as well, it doesn't work one way.

Sharing a couple of photos from both.


First!
 I want to thank Tom Skilling for posting my Sun Rise photo this week on WGN weather.
What a thrill..

On the ride down Cicero

So Good! 
In our neighborhood we had the first one on the South Side.
 there would be long lines just to get in and watch them make the donuts..

A Beautiful Banquet Hall, on the way to the neighborhood in Clearing where we lived.

Frozen custard and White Castle what would Chicago be with out them.
always a favorite.


A Landmark in my old neighborhood.
 I was lucky enough to actually know Ray..
Him and his fantastic group of guys that he golfed with.
They were my regular guys every Wednesday,all spring, summer and fall.
So fun and they treated me so well.


Scottsdale! 
The first shopping center on the Chicago South Side 
neighborhood.Where we lived.

Ford City Mall the first Mall in Chicago's South Side.
We went there so many times over the years always a favorite.


Shopper waiting for a bus ride home after shopping at Ford City.



Two houses across from our old house all decorated for Christmas

Nice job it looks cute, I'm sure it even looks better at night all lite up.

Looking down the street on Mayfield.

Our favorite bakery! 
I always load up when I go there.The father and son owners
 were customers of mine, if I worked Monday mornings at Cog Hill.
Two super generous sweet men. 

Of course the bus! running down 63rd
 I took many bus es over the years, as a very young girl to school and also to and from work.
A total experience!

One of our favorite Chinese restaurants 
across the street from our favorite shrimp house 
that we were buying shrimp from that day...

Bill waiting for me to get the shrimp.

While sitting in the car at the park eating our shrimp.
 Because that's what we like to do...
 A garbage truck coming out of the alley something you don't see out here.

The Pool at the park, the kids loved going to.

The back of the grammar school where I went.

Tree in the park. A little gloomy looking.

Taking a walk in the park.

A small jet flying over from Mid Way airport.

The Chicago neighborhood where I grew up and lived for 63 years.
 No one decorates for Christmas like the Chicago neighborhoods.
Stop signs are on every corner..
Its crazy..

Hotel Complex on the way to the airport.
Wonderful inporvenment along Cicero.

The Village know as Chrysler Village 
Where I had many friends growing up in Chicago.

The famous drug store actually the first in the old neighborhood
be for Walgreen's moved in.
 We spent many a day going to the drug store..
Its still hanging in their.

Going down Central I hate the big fences they put up around the airport.
 We didn't have that when we lived there. 
We could actually see the sky line of Chicago from Central, not any more..

I love this old tree 
when we lived there I never looked at the neighborhood trees.
Except the ones in front of our house my Dad planted.
 To many other things to look at.

After we move out they put speed circles all over the neighborhood.

Our old house decorated for Christmas.
Looks kind of sad compared to how I decorated when we lived there.

A teacher taking her class for a walk around the park.


Blazin’ Hot Bacon Dip


1/2 lb. bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
8 oz cream cheese
10-oz. can of diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
2 limes, juiced
1/2 chipotle pepper in adobe sauce, chopped
1 bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
Salt and pepper to taste

Place cream cheese, tomatoes, lime juice, chipotle pepper, cilantro, salt and pepper in the bowl of a food processor and pulse a few times to combine. Do not process until completely smooth, keep slightly chunky. Pour mixture into a mixing bowl and fold in all but a tablespoon of bacon.
Pour dip into a serving bowl and top with remaining tablespoon bacon. Serve with tortilla chips, crackers or vegetables. Makes 6 servings


Thanks for looking 

Until my next Blogg
 All about our trip down town Chicago to see the Christmas decorations..


No comments:

Post a Comment